Author Topic: Close to full draw - tweaking the tiller?  (Read 2316 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Close to full draw - tweaking the tiller?
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2020, 09:47:39 am »
You could bring the bend back into the handle area a little more. That will help reduce the weight a bit and help you reach your intended full draw.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline HH~

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2020, 07:02:37 am »
Looks great. Shoot it, then decide if it needs a tweek. Cant get it back once its gone!

HH~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Tommy D

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2020, 07:22:30 am »
It seems pretty good for the length which I can draw it to which is about 29.5 at a stretch. Making it for a buddy who lives in Aus and is threatening to buy a compound bow - so am trying to keep him from the dark side! He claims he has a 31 inch draw but I have told him to go pull a few bows at a local bow store to check first. It feels a little like it starts to stack right as I get to the end of my max draw (29  - but that could just be that wincing feeling I get with a new bow!)

Think I will glue on and shape the handle and see how it feels then.

Offline HH~

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2020, 08:19:29 am »
I hear all kine guys say they are 28", 29" 30" draw. Then, you put on a selfbow with and draw arrow most are not even 28". Very common.

I built a bow for a woman. Her husband said shes 29" draw. I was like "no way in hec". Checked her and she was actually a little over 29". She can shoot the shizzle out a selfbow too.

HH~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Tommy D

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2020, 08:43:25 am »
Yup - totally agree. I know I am a culprit for sure. If I held an arrow with out a bow how it would feel like I was shooting it would come in at 28” for me. If you actually took a video of me shooting and measured how much arrow sticks out it’s closer to 26/27”!