Author Topic: Anyone in the Phoenix Metro Area? Newbie Post.  (Read 1013 times)

Offline phxdt

Anyone in the Phoenix Metro Area? Newbie Post.
« on: May 05, 2020, 12:37:06 pm »
Hey all- first post here from a new member.  I am dipping my toe in the water by making two long bows out of maple with my boys (years 8 and 11).  Would love to meet up with anyone in Phoenix (I live in Gilbert) to see their setup and methods.  Happy to bring along our workproduct as well.

Thanks.

Offline willie

Re: Anyone in the Phoenix Metro Area? Newbie Post.
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 11:58:01 pm »
welcome phxdt,
The boys should be excited to make their own bows n arras. I am a long way from AZ, but if you post some pics with questions in the Bow area, you will get help from all over the world.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2020, 10:26:01 am »
Welcome aboard, Phxdt!  Don't forget a bow for Dad :BB (SH) :NN!  Good to see the boys are interested in self bows!  Remember, the only dumb question is the one you don't ask!  Like Willie said, there is help from all over the world, and lots of Knowledge here!  Post some pictures of your progress, and the boys, too!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline phxdt

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2020, 04:34:12 pm »
Thanks guys will do.  I was asking really just to ask lots of little questions about how things happen.  Checking out a proper workshop would solve it.

I started out with a couple of maple pieces of wood and working from there.  I'll check out some of the forum categories to ensure I am not asking something that is already covered.

I will say this verification thing at the bottom is annoying!

Offline willie

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2020, 05:46:08 pm »
the annoying thing goes away after a few posts from what I understand. searching old threads goes better for me if I do something like this in a search engine. you might even try to click on "images" at the top of the search engine results page

tiller tree site:http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf