Author Topic: Lookin for a 20ga  (Read 2091 times)

Offline gifford

Re: Lookin for a 20ga
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2020, 02:41:30 pm »
I'm in the Remington 870 Wingmaster camp; had mine since I was 16. Shot trap for years on the company sponsored trap team. Shot the usual assortment of feathered and furred critters with it. Got a slug barrel for it, shoots real sweet. Many thousand rounds down the barrel with that gun. Never a complaint with it.

So get an 870 pump, gauge of your choice, take the magazine  plug tube out if it has one. Pump guns can hold 5 rounds but the plug cuts the capacity down to 2 rounds plus one in chamber. That's for compliance with most state and federal hunting regs. Yours is planned to used for 'varmint' shooting. If you do plan to hunt with it, leave the plug in.  YMMV

Offline sleek

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2020, 03:13:57 pm »
Whelp, sounds like I'm in the market for a Remington 870 pump. Thanks yall. Any suggestions on a semi auto?
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2020, 03:57:21 pm »
ehh, i dont really like semi autos. i feel like i have more control of the gun with a pump. same with rifles. feel like i have more control with a lever or bolt action
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2020, 03:58:09 pm »
If you want to stay to a limited budget you could check local pawn shops.  With the current economy situation their might me more options than usual. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left