Author Topic: April Fools is real  (Read 1364 times)

Offline Handforged

• Limestone Canyon Forge, Monarch MT.
April Fools is real
« on: April 01, 2020, 11:53:03 am »
Yesterday here on the mountain we had 40 degrees and sunny weather. Out in the forge working and generally enjoying the day. Went in for some coffee, came back outside and it was snowing. Temps dropping and weather forecast was colder but not really any snow for April 1st.  Well, APRIL FOOLS! We woke up to 8 degrees and 12" of snow while it is still snowing.  Needing to bring firewood in the house before coffee can be started, dogs screaming to do outside. Not a good way to start the day.

On a side note: I made a really poor decision in life somewhere. I should have been a weatherman/ meteorologist for any news outlet in the world. I mean, where in the world can you have a job that you are continuously wrong and still keep your job. I could do a better job than these yahoos with just a room with a window! A weather rock is right 100 percent of the time!   Here in Montana it changes by the minute, not even by the hour. We have the NOAA weather report and it will show a forecast of no snow literally until it starts snowing and then they change it, like we wouldn't notice it had been changed. Do these guys have a weather dart board? Toss a dart and hope for the best?
At the forge- 406-781-9098

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: April Fools is real
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2020, 03:30:26 pm »
Hunting yesterday in mid 80's weather and high humidity. Woke up this morning and it was 62 and no humidity. Back in the high 80's by the weekend. Maybe the turkeys will think it's Spring again and start gobbling.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline chamookman

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2020, 03:01:02 am »
Here In Mid-Michigan, the Toms are just starting go gather and Strut. Haven't heard any Gobbling yet. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2020, 11:21:01 pm »
Yesterday, 1April, was 70F - today 21F and snowing and blowing!  The commissary run to Cheyenne was not fun, but access to the air base has been limited to Tuesday and Thursday afternoons for retirees and veterans.  Warming again tomorrow, sort of!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline willie

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2020, 12:34:06 am »
shoveled some partly cloudy here this morning.

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2020, 06:00:27 am »
It's 0600 and 28 degrees here right now. Not the first time we've had an April freeze/frost but I hope my apple trees handle it OK...

08:15- Oh joy, now we got freezing drizzle...  :fp

10:00- And Now... it's snowing.  ::)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 09:49:55 am by PaulN/KS »

Offline JEB

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2020, 07:35:40 am »
I have mowed the lawn twice, second time was two days ago just to thatch the lawn. Yesterday I went metal detecting at a state park. I stay away from people. When folks walked toward me to see what I was doing I just walked the other way. This virus is no joke.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2020, 11:19:46 am »
My niece was expecting her first baby. Due date April 6th. Her husband kept telling everyone he was hoping for April 1st so he could pull a good April fools joke. At 4:34am my niece woke her husband and told him her water broke. Of course he didn’t believe her. Their little girl arrived several hours later.lol.
She’s a pretty sweet little April fools joke. I think those due dates are just like the weather. The predictions are always wrong.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2020, 11:38:11 am »
That's great, BJ!  Maybe they didn't name her April, at least for her first name >:D!  On the other hand, it is a pretty name.  Best wishes to the family!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry