Author Topic: Guide to posting pictures on the forum  (Read 1024 times)

Offline dratera

Guide to posting pictures on the forum
« on: March 31, 2020, 02:28:56 am »
Because it seems like a lot of people are having problems uploading pictures on this forum I thought I should share the method I find the easiest and best.

----Edit: just realized there is already an uploading picture guide in the Bow Photography Tutorial sticky by Weylin, but dont feel like scrapping this post after writing all this right now so im just gonna post it, might help someone who havent seen that sticky yet

First, transfer the pictures from your camera to your computer,

then go to www.imgur.com and open a new account.

Then,on the front page, press the new post button

If you have the picture easily available in an open folder you can just drag and drop, if not choose photo/video to locate it on the computer. To upload several pics in one go just drag a box around them or shift click the top and bottom one, then press open.

Now your picture is uploaded to the site, but is hidden from public view on that site. To share it in a forum post, press the three dots in the right corner and press get share links, then copy the BBCode (forums) link

All you have to do now is right click and paste the link in the forum post and it should all be good, use the preview function to check if its working.

Go to your profile on imgur to find the pictures/albums if you need to copy the links later

If you are using your phone to take pictures and have internet on it you can do all this directly through the phone without having to transfer it to the computer.
If you want the pics from the phone to the computer first I find it the easiest way to transfer is using facebook messenger, send the pictures to yourself, just search for your own name and open up the message box, send, and the go on your pc, open up facebook and right click the picture in the message box and download it

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
Re: Guide to posting pictures on the forum
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 12:17:49 pm »
I cant see imgur so i dont like it that much...
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline dratera

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2020, 08:00:16 am »
You mean you cant see any pictures posted that are hosted on imgur? Googled it and seems like some people using firefox have problems seeing pictures among other things, might not be a good idea using imgur after all. think ill delete this post

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2020, 08:18:42 am »
no dont delete the post

its me not you. its my laptop i use. everyone else will be able to see it.
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline mmattockx

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2020, 09:53:18 am »
Googled it and seems like some people using firefox have problems seeing pictures among other things, might not be a good idea using imgur after all.

I'm running Firefox and see Imgur just fine. It is what I use for third party hosting and works very well.

Mark

Offline dratera

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2020, 01:51:12 pm »
Ok cool

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2020, 05:38:52 pm »
Yep! That’s how I do it. You used to be able to do it this way over mobile, but not anymore. Just PC now.
Clatskanie, Oregon