Author Topic: My new asiatic bow...all bamboo ....(belly and back)  (Read 17041 times)

Offline akila

My new asiatic bow...all bamboo ....(belly and back)
« on: April 22, 2008, 06:38:01 pm »
Hi guys....this my new bow that i just build.....i only have to put the finish on him tonight, ...but i couldn't rezist to show you the bow.....im verry happy...its my first laminated bow, and also the first time whenn i wass working with bamboo....and im happy with the result....the bow its verry short....48" long, and the limbs are 32" long with the V splice......the bow its a target bow....its pulls 27#@30"....the bow end up so  light, becose i had take to much material on the belly whenn i wass taper the belly strip....i wass taken to much on one  limb, and whenn i put the bow to the tillering tree, it wass an hinge to that limb, so i had to scrape the other limb from the  sides...and i also did some scraping, on the belly ...i had to take that risk...and the bow end up ok....im verry happy with the result....the bamboo belly and back wass glued with bone glue.....also the V splice with bone glue....and i reinforce the splice with wrap sinew.....the handle wass made with pieces of leather glued together in order to make the handle a little thicker , so that i cand hold it in my hand....this is the pictures...

The belly of the bow wass tempered, and it wass a little refelxed,,,,the bow wass also glued with a little reflex(2" of refelx), i wass afraid that it will not survive iff i wass puting to much relfex in the bow......this it all for now...i will put some yacht varnish on him to seal it...and i will put some pictures tomorow.....byee

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: My new asiatic bow...all bamboo ....(belly and back)
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 06:43:45 pm »
Very nice. I love the braced and full draw profiles. Neat concept also, using bamboo for back and belly. Are you going to try for another, a bit heavier?     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline adb

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 07:20:12 pm »
Holy *%$#@, look at that thing bend!! Wow!! Bamboo is truly amazing stuff. Nice bow.

Offline akila

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 07:49:02 pm »
Hi....you can be sure that i will try another one....i love this bow...im so happy....i cant beleve my self....im looking at him and i cant beleve....i wass sure that the bow will broke....but it prove me wrong....bamboo its realy gr8 stuff....it wass realy tricky to aline the syaih....o man...i wass working on that syiah one day long....heating and straighten untill i manage to aline the tips.......you can see on the belly side of the syiah...that i have made a  thing (i dont know how to call it in english), for the string ...i have use a fille....

Offline Jesse

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 08:46:36 pm »
Great bow akila I like the unique look it has. and what a bend :o  at 27# you can target shoot all day long.  Jesse
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline PatM

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 08:55:05 pm »
Thomas(Bluelake) supplies a laminated Korean bow with this basic structure. You can see it on the Hornbow site. Very impressive work.

Offline david w.

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 09:43:48 pm »
wow that is really cool i love the full draw pic
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Offline akila

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 10:08:53 pm »
Thomas(Bluelake) supplies a laminated Korean bow with this basic structure. You can see it on the Hornbow site. Very impressive work.
Can you give me a link plz????thks all for your replays....i realy love this bow.....i put the varnish on him already ond tomorow i will put pictures with the bow finished...

Offline PatM

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 11:42:54 pm »
If you go to hornbow.com and check the Korean Archery Equipment section, the bow is there.

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 01:26:24 am »
Very different and very well made. Got to admit, the bend :o is pretty impressive.
Great bow for next week's laminate bow of the month consideration.
When you're retired, every day is Saturday

Offline Gordon

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2008, 02:26:45 am »
Man, you got that sucker really bending - wow!
Gordon

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2008, 04:02:26 am »
WOW  -  that's some serious bend on thisone!!!
frank
Frank from Germany...

Offline AndrewS

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2008, 06:27:47 am »
What a nice little thing :o :o :o

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2008, 08:55:19 am »
Beautiful bow,very well done.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2008, 09:55:22 am »
Really a nice looking bow...what a bend going on there!  ;) Good looking tips as well!
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...