Author Topic: Fletching with sinue  (Read 4369 times)

Offline Little John

Fletching with sinue
« on: April 13, 2008, 02:45:04 pm »
I have always used artificial sinue for tieing fletches and reinforcing nocks, decided to get a bit more primitive on the set of arrows I am making for the classic and use some of Danas exelent sinue he sent me. Quite a bit more dificult and some new tricks to learn but am getting a nice job.  Pics when finished, too bad my wife thinks I need to spend a lot of time with her and doing other stuff than archery on my time off, really slows down progress. Can't complain too much at least she gave me her blessings for the Tenn. trip.      Kenneth

May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline DanaM

Re: Fletching with sinue
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 02:49:28 pm »
Glad the sinew is working out for ya kenneth :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Little John

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 03:34:50 pm »
You betcha, getting a bunch processed up for the backing job as well.   Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 06:16:25 pm »
yes using sinew is a bit different. but i think stroner though and "sticks" better to the wood. also, artificial you can use as long a piece as ya wnat, sinew you might not get a real long piece and have to wrap a couple times. look forward to your pictures
Modern Day Tramp

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 06:28:48 pm »
Sinew rules !......bob

Offline DanaM

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 09:23:19 pm »
Kenneth next fall I will literally have a truck load of backstrap sinew, so give me a holler in December or so ;)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Little John

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 09:38:14 am »
Yep the sinue is shorter and I found out you cant splice it without leaving a lump, so just use a couple of wraps, yep sinue rules.    Kenneth

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008, 11:00:20 pm »
hey dana, how much ya charge for the stuff, i might want some.
lets just shoot it

Offline DanaM

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 08:49:07 am »
hey dana, how much ya charge for the stuff, i might want some.

If ya got to ask ya can't afford it ;) LOL
Sorry but ya will have to wait until this winter as I'm all out :(

Manistique, MI