Author Topic: Sinew And Rattler Backed Paddle Bow  (Read 31153 times)

Offline recurve shooter

Re: Sinew And Rattler Backed Paddle Bow
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2008, 12:16:09 am »
cool lookin lil bow friend. makein one looks alot like that. its a kids bow for my cuz, same basic design though.
lets just shoot it

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2008, 07:57:52 am »
Very nicely done,beautiful bow,nice tiller. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2008, 08:43:24 am »
                Dana....this ought ta be a good Wabbit Whacker!! But getting used to such a small Draw....is a Biotch!!!!

Sonny....if Ya would send me some a dat E.R.C.....I would be proud ta Make a Bow from it ....and Name it after Ya!!!!!

And where would I find ERC id da UP ??? Lots of NWC ifin ya need kindling
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2008, 12:40:30 pm »
This is going to be one of my favorite self bows for this month. Thanks for the share-a-thon, on the tips, too :-*
Your most interesting bow is #18 for Self Bow of the Month.
When you're retired, every day is Saturday

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2008, 03:45:32 pm »
This is going to be one of my favorite self bows for this month. Thanks for the share-a-thon, on the tips, too :-*

Thanks Don, I appreciate the Compliments...but with the list of Beauties already in the Running....I just Posted this to let others see it....and get some pointers if I needed them.....And it's not finished yet anyways...still have to Spruce it up a Bit   will post more pics hopefully before the end of the Month

And Dana....I wasn't expecting a Piece of ERC from you....I know whats back Home....lots of good Cedar Chest material ....and Kindling Wood!!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2008, 04:46:13 pm »
nice little ambush bow, she surely would look good in the hand of a young indian on a hunting excursion a couple of hundred years ago
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2008, 12:03:02 am »

You are very welcome for the Share-a-Long....I am just sorry that I will not have this finished befoe ther Deadline for this Months drawing....I have a lot more to do to it...and no time to do it with...not for the next 2 weeks anyways....sorry
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2008, 12:13:12 am »
Jim Dandy bow there Yankee ;D. Yet more stuff I'll have to try before I die, heheh ;D. Can't wait to see the finished product, and bending!! :)...
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2008, 12:28:34 am »
Jim Dandy bow there Yankee ;D. Yet more stuff I'll have to try before I die, heheh ;D. Can't wait to see the finished product, and bending!! :)...

Thanks Paul....I wont be able to finish this till after this Shut Down is done...I dont get Home till after 8:00pm...and then I got to be there again at 7:00am....so if I want a Family....I have to leave da Sticks alone fer a while!!!
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Keenan

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2008, 11:44:43 am »
 Very nice bow El.destructo, Those tips are sweet and the skins really show off the diamond pattern with that much surface area. As someone said earlier that would be a great ambush bow for hunting on the ground in dense cover ;D  Great job should be a strong runner for BOM  ;)   Keenan

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2008, 10:21:06 pm »
I hear ya Yankee, that's why I don't have time - work keeps gittin in the way :-X. I feel for ya on the shutdown - hopefully it ends soon ;D..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2008, 08:23:11 pm »

OK Don....here She is........Finally got Her done......56 pounds at 20 inches of Draw....... You have to Pinch Grip it to shoot it right....and it is very accurate to about 10 yards....or at least I am accurate with it to that distance!!!!!...but that Pinch Grip is a Beast to learn!! I used some Bobcat Fur Scraps around the Tips and Grip....and made a nice Sinew String for it too....this is a really nice Bow ....I don't know how much nicer it could have turned out ....

It was a Windfall Tree Branch to begin with....chopped off with an Axe.....then it was all scraped with a homemade Flint Scraper.....Tips cut in with a Pocket Knife.....Sinewed with Tendons I collected....hammered out....and mixed with Homemade Hide Glue that my Wife bitched about the whole time it was cooking!!! I kind of like the Smell of it cooking down....don't you all?? I killed the Snakes....cleaned and dried them..... the cat Fur is Scraps from my Neighbors Bobcat Wallhanging He had made.... This Sinew String was the first I ever built....I was inspired by a thread on Squirrel Rawhide String....We all know what I think of killing Squirrels ....don't we Coo-Wah-Cho-Bee??? Well enough rambling.....What do you think....Honestly ....I want to know.... you cant hurt this old Buggers feeling....I don't wear mine on my Shirtsleeve!!

2024...We Will Overcome

Offline DanaM

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2008, 08:57:19 pm »
Dang Mike I like it, like it alot, now some stone headed arra's and yer in business, very nicely done.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2008, 09:10:45 pm »
very nice setup brother.. fine bow.. not that i would know what a good bow looks like..  ;) ;D Hawk
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2008, 09:41:05 pm »
very nice setup brother.. fine bow.. not that i would know what a good bow looks like..  ;) ;D Hawk

Thanks Hawk...I tried to do this Bow Justice in every way....

Now you have to take them with a Grain of Salt.....Hawk......sometimes the Whole Shaker is needed....aint just You..... I've been getting bashed and Edited too.....don't let them get to you.... I wont let a few Hardnoses ( another nice way of putting things) bring down what I think of Primitive Archery and Hunting.... I am always willing to help anyone learn and get into this Sport....but You also must pull straight with this Bunch...They are mostly Good People.... with a few exceptions here and there....

They expect to be treated truthfully and respectfully and not fibbed to( gotta watch my Words).....or Smoke and Mirrors....Remember....People will remember the one untruth or mistake you make....and forget all of the other good a person has done...it's just the Human way......So live and learn
2024...We Will Overcome