Author Topic: dont know what to think?  (Read 4975 times)

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
Re: dont know what to think?
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2019, 08:23:49 am »
Ugh I'm sorry guys. I made a big fuss over things. with an arrow on the bow im pulling 24". when I add the resistance of the bow i put my neck forward and don't draw back to 26". I bet I lost around 5-8# on set and then around 7-10 with my draw. without the resistance i'm around 26" because I don't have the resistance that makes me want to anchor 2" faster. also my stance is very square instead of sideways which makes me lose about 1" of draw. I'm going to put it on the tillering tree tonight to check my theory.

Bj, I sealed it with Watco natural oil. I shaped the handle for my fingers but didn't change it a lot, the handle kinda grew on me!  ;D  I did not change the fades. I don't let anyone draw it farther than I am comfortable, I normally stop them a little short.

I should have thought of under drawing instead of overdrawing.
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
Re: dont know what to think? (Figured it out)
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2019, 06:00:15 pm »
I checked it and its 43# at 26". I cant belive it took me 3 pages to find i have bad form!  (lol) wow i can really see my moods! I go from sad to frusturated to upset that i wasted your guyses time to laughing about having bad form. If i hadent said that im a teen, you guys would have probably guessed from that! Thank you guys for your time!

Oh about the set, there were two knots that kinda raised ome side up and lowered the other. Making it seem like there was alot of set.

Well wont make this mistake again! I hope im not frustrating you guys and thanks for your help!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 06:06:30 pm by Deerhunter21 »
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
Re: dont know what to think?
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2019, 06:32:35 pm »
Heck, this is all for entertainment purposes. Something was obviously not adding up from the get go. I figured your bow started at 40 or less. If it lost 15 pounds that is a nearing half the draw weight. Not very likely. Don’t sweat it. Keep at it and remember this 40 years from now when some youngster begins to test your tolerance for...this kinda thing. It’s all good.
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.