Author Topic: Trilogy  (Read 6236 times)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Trilogy
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2019, 03:40:38 am »
.... That's a very good question. I'm thinking earlier than ideal? I should graph out my draws and pay more attention to where my string lifts. I do a little, but I could probably learn a lot more if I documented it and studied it a little. I like the feel of the draw for me. I'm curious what your thoughts are on the perfect curve for sting release. I'm thinking right before full draw? I believe Marc once said he shortened his recurves and I've shortened my a bit to. Less weight and easier to line everything up. Would love to sit in a shop and work with you sometime.

IMO, you need an early string lift off, otherwise you have not the full advantage of the levers. So your bow is a good example how to do well. Not too long levers, not excessive lever angle. The point is to watch the string angle at full draw. I like to have shorter levers on longer bows and longer levers on short bows. It is a geometric problem, think on how the tip of a short and a long bow changes it's angle from braced to full drawn.
[/quote

]ThankYou Simson. Like I said before. I'd very much enjoy working in a shop with you for awhile. I so much appreciate everything you've given to this site. You are both inspirational and down to earth.
Thanks
Bjrogg
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 04:45:23 am by bjrogg »
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2019, 05:38:04 am »
Looking good

Offline Bayou Ben

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2019, 09:59:45 am »
BJ, beautiful bend and it looks fast with that profile.  You definitely know how to handle a piece of osage.  :OK

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2019, 11:00:49 am »
Thanks Paul. I sure hope I can get to Marshall with the whole family. It's starting to look like it could be tough. I've got so much work to do and I can't get any of it started let alone done. On the bright side I'm getting stuff ready to go and if I can somehow get my work done I should have everything else ready.

Thanks  Ben. I really do like this wood. It's teaching me as we go.
Bjrogg

Offline PNewton

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2019, 02:47:25 pm »
Going to be a roughplanting season for the farmers. I don't remember more water laying in the fields this late like this year. Good luck to you BJ.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2019, 06:35:42 pm »
Going to be a roughplanting season for the farmers. I don't remember more water laying in the fields this late like this year. Good luck to you BJ.

I remember a few Paul. Most of em I'd like to forget though.
Bjrogg

Offline feathersnwood

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2019, 08:39:28 pm »
Looks like Wyatt and you both came out good on that trade BJ !! Never thought a bow would like Like that come out of that stave. Figured it was just a good clean stave . Great job !!
lets get back to the basics

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2019, 03:26:34 am »
Looks like Wyatt and you both came out good on that trade BJ !! Never thought a bow would like Like that come out of that stave. Figured it was just a good clean stave . Great job !!

I'm glad Wyatt was happy with our trade Andy. I sure am. I was thinking the  same thing when  I made the trade. This looked like a nice straight, clean, dark Osage. I was pretty surprised when I removed bark and chased a ring. If you didn't see the "family of three" thread you should take a look at it. That stave had all kinds of surprises in it.

Bjrogg

PS Jeff I measured her up last night. She's right at 2" coming out of the fades. She is definitely on the wide side. reminds me of that song. Fat bottom girls you make the rockin would go round. ;)