Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

High gear/low gear

<< < (9/19) > >>

PatM:
all kinds of good video on Tuomo's  channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj64_33-zJU

PatM:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhVGsWEIVOE

sleek:
Thought experiment: Applying arrow paradox to bow limbs on release. The most motivated part of a bows limb will move first and may move faster than the limbs tips. This loads the other parts of the limbs with energy until all energy is spread equally across the limb. Under slow motion, it probably looks like a wave. If the timing of this wave could be done correctly, the tips would be be at tje crest right when brace heightis hit, snapping the last of the energy into the arrow.

DC:

--- Quote from: sleek on March 28, 2019, 11:39:28 am ---
There is the possiblity that upon release, the bows energy storage equalizes instantly, all parts of the bow limb disperse energy equally ( taking into acount that a smaller area cant hold as much as a larger area) among the limbs mass.

--- End quote ---

I'm with this or at least something very similar to this :D

--- Quote from: sleek on March 28, 2019, 12:07:47 pm ---Thought experiment: Applying arrow paradox to bow limbs on release. The most motivated part of a bows limb will move first and may move faster than the limbs tips. This loads the other parts of the limbs with energy until all energy is spread equally across the limb. Under slow motion, it probably looks like a wave. If the timing of this wave could be done correctly, the tips would be be at tje crest right when brace heightis hit, snapping the last of the energy into the arrow.

--- End quote ---

I don't think that you can compare paradox with this. I think one is pushing and the other is pulling but I could be wrong. More thinking needed.

I don't think it moves first but it may move faster. I think the end result would be the same, your wave. But I can't agree to this and everything instantly evening out like you said above. Even more thinking. >:(

Woodely:

--- Quote from: sleek on March 28, 2019, 12:07:47 pm ---Thought experiment: Applying arrow paradox to bow limbs on release. The most motivated part of a bows limb will move first and may move faster than the limbs tips. This loads the other parts of the limbs with energy until all energy is spread equally across the limb. Under slow motion, it probably looks like a wave. If the timing of this wave could be done correctly, the tips would be be at tje crest right when brace heightis hit, snapping the last of the energy into the arrow.

--- End quote ---
Its all about the arc of the circle the tips are last to arrive home.  Makes sense.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version