Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

High gear/low gear

<< < (8/19) > >>

DC:
The resistance will never be less until the tips move. I think an arrow backward to this. The string is pulling on the tip of the bow but it's pushing on an arrow.

sleek:
Think about the g forces everuthing is under when an arrow is pushed to over 100 mph in a fraction of a second. Weight matters. An arrows weight WILL slkw a bow limb down that isnt under much stress.

DC:
My coffee's in the garage and my tunes are turned on. I'll catch up with this later.

sleek:

--- Quote from: DC on March 28, 2019, 11:34:04 am ---The resistance will never be less until the tips move. I think an arrow backward to this. The string is pulling on the tip of the bow but it's pushing on an arrow.

--- End quote ---

Ok, i see your point. The tips gadda move or the arrow wont. Im saying that the part if the bow under most tension must transfer and will transfere its energy to the tips before any part with less energy storage will. I was illustrating that poorly by referencing the part of bow that bends first releases last. Id better say the part of the bow that stores the most energy releases it first. Thinking of entropy here... The greater the potential difference in energry storage the harder it pushes, and will take precidence over lesser energy storage areas.

There is the possiblity that upon release, the bows energy storage equalizes instantly, all parts of the bow limb disperse energy equally ( taking into acount that a smaller area cant hold as much as a larger area) among the limbs mass.

sleek:
All this is just thoughts in progress, i dont have it figured out yet. Im just happy to have a good enough underatanding that i can think of queations to ask, usually i dont even have the question, darn the answers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version