Author Topic: intro  (Read 6210 times)

Offline aruge

intro
« on: April 07, 2008, 08:38:44 pm »
Okay Dana, I've been reading posts since last December or so. Was recovering from liver failure and picked up a copy of PA. Really got interested. Soon as the leaves are on the trees I've got permission to cut some hickory where I go hunting. Bought a draw shave, a woodworkers vise and am getting anxious to get going. Just have to find the time, now that I'm back to work. You'll see aruge looking quite a bit. I'm learning all I can before I get started. My names Al Ruge. I live in Western New York. I'm semi retired since I got sick, so I want to try something new and interesting. Besides, Ive got more time than money right now. You guys are okay from what I've read. Keep up with the info. It's really educational. By the way, I do now have a subscription to PA. ;D

Offline DanaM

Re: intro
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 08:45:40 pm »
Glad to see ya here Al, lots of good info and people here. Man sorry to here about your medical problems and hope that your on the fast track to getting healthy.
Western NY eh I have a brother in the Rome NY area and get out that way every few years for a visit. There are quite a few guys on here fromyour general area
so you should have good opportunities to meet some experienced guys. Anytime you have a question just ask ok. Thanks for the intro and welcome to our family :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline bowmunky13

• eat more human
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 09:09:15 pm »
hey thee aruge... glad to have you with us.. i am just getting back into bowyering myself... i have had to take a break for training andd deployment so i am relearning a few things here and there.... i hope you are getting well and healthier.. i am a medic in the army so i see a lot of guys with liver problems..l if there is anything i can help you with bowyering or medical ... let me know
death by natural causes

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 09:44:07 pm »
Welcome aboard, Al.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 10:38:02 pm »
Welcome to the site brother, hope you get some bows finished so we can see some of your work.. look forward to your posts and welcome to  the family.. Hawk..a/ho
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 11:07:15 pm »
welcome to the great art of primitive archery sir.
Modern Day Tramp

Offline Otoe Bow

• Mike Chase, Afghanistan
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 12:28:06 am »
Welcome.  I'm new too, and have yet to complete a bow, but I've taken on several new hobbies as a result of this site.  Flint knapping is kind of my focus right now.  I'll eventually build a bow, hopefully at Pappy's Classic (check out his Life is Good posts in the Primitive Skills section if you haven't already).  Besides I figure a fella uses more arrows than bows, especially the way I shoot so the arrow/bow ratio makes sense to me.  Jump in and ask questions.  Jump in and make pithy comments on some of the lighter topics.  It's all good clean fun.   ;D

Mike 
So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 09:19:35 am »
Welcome Al! You know, I've found bow making to be good therapy in more ways then one. I'm sure you'll enjoy the ride... ;)

Mike, looking forward to meeting you at the Tn. Classic! :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 09:25:19 am »
Welcome Al,you will like it here,just jump right in.Glad you are doing better. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Bishop

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 09:46:28 am »
  Al, if you have been lurking about since Dec. you know this is a pretty comfortable place, welcome and enjoy the fever.
Bishop

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 09:50:30 am »
Hi.....thats all I am alloud to say!!!!!! ::)
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Little John

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2008, 09:59:31 am »
Welcome aboard Al and I second what everyone else has already said, hope you make a really nice bow and enjoy shooting it.    Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2008, 10:53:58 am »
Aruge, I am glad you are feeling better. Do join us. Making bows is fun. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2008, 01:09:57 pm »
YankeeT  ;D ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2008, 04:11:41 pm »
YankeeT  ;D ;D ;D
   Pappy

See Dana....somebody has a Sense of Humour today!!!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome