Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

Del's Dilemma

<< < (2/3) > >>

Del the cat:

--- Quote from: Badger on February 09, 2019, 11:01:59 am ---  I would also install an elevated rest. Too bad they won't make some extra classes for primitive.

--- End quote ---
Cheers,
I bought some off-cuts of hide with hair on,(haven't looked at it yet) hopefully there will be some that'll make a good rest :)
I have somewhere I can flight shoot for testing these days :). Field 1/4 mile long with a hedge at the end and then another field 1/4 mile long :) .
Funny game flight shooting, no good taking distances and comparing week to week, have to shoot head to head on the same day to get meaningful results. We get some weird winds, just walking across the field it can be flat calm and then 50 yards along it's blowing a gale... dunno what it's doing 100 feet up!
Del

Marc St Louis:
I forgot to mention that the fletching I used was natural not the plastic it came with.  The shaft diameter was 1/4"

Del the cat:

--- Quote from: Marc St Louis on February 09, 2019, 03:49:15 pm ---I forgot to mention that the fletching I used was natural not the plastic it came with.  The shaft diameter was 1/4"

--- End quote ---
Cheers, more good info.
Yeah, I'm assuming plastic fletchings are better... but the one thing flight arrow making teaches, it's you can't make assumptions  ;D
Del

Marc St Louis:
The fletching I used was essentially the same as what I used on the wood arrows.  The difference in distance between the 2 was small but there were some of the wood arrows that consistently went farther than the C arrow.  Both the wood and C arrow weighed about the same (275~300 grains).  The distance I got, using bows around 50#, was around 320 ~ 330 yards

Del the cat:

--- Quote from: Marc St Louis on February 10, 2019, 06:42:21 am ---The fletching I used was essentially the same as what I used on the wood arrows.  The difference in distance between the 2 was small but there were some of the wood arrows that consistently went farther than the C arrow.  Both the wood and C arrow weighed about the same (275~300 grains).  The distance I got, using bows around 50#, was around 320 ~ 330 yards

--- End quote ---
Cheers that gives me something to aim for :)
Del

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version