Author Topic: A REQUEST FOR THE NEW FOLKS  (Read 114574 times)

Phillip K

Re: A REQUEST FOR THE NEW FOLKS
« Reply #90 on: May 28, 2008, 12:33:33 am »
Helllo, my Name is Phillip, I came back to learn some more Bowyering and show some more of my Ideas. Still would Like to go Hunting but, not unless I really Need to.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 04:49:44 pm by Phillip K »

Papa Matt

« Reply #91 on: May 29, 2008, 05:47:27 pm »
Hello you's. I'm Matt from Indiana. I've made several bows, but am still learning and trying to get it right. I'm in Indiana. I've just stockpiled a bunch of Elm, White Ash, BL, Black Cherry, and an ironwood billet as well as a HL billet. Currently am working on a 66" BL and have made from Ash, Hickory, and BC. I just love this stuff and am glad that you's all do too. Let me figure out how to put my state in my profile and I will. See ya's.

bushytail

« Reply #92 on: May 31, 2008, 09:23:44 am »
Hi! My name is Harold and i`m from PA.I`m 45 and started traditional about 10 years ago.Then i made my first hick bow 3 years ago.Then tryed osage.First two broke at the tiller stage, :(third one stayed together. ;DMade some stone points,and three cane arrows,which two of them blew apart when i shot them. :'(Did my first snake job on my Super Kodiak,turned out nice. ;DWorking on a kids bow of osage.Gotta bring the poundage down.Also made a few coyote jawbone knives .;)Just started to learn the computer stuff about 4to5 months ago.Theirs a LOT to learn with trial and error,a lot of error.But it`s fun.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #93 on: May 31, 2008, 11:40:09 am »
Welcome back PK

papa and bushytail welcome to PA lots of good folks here, have fun and post some pictures of your bows and stuff eh :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Don

« Reply #94 on: May 31, 2008, 06:14:58 pm »
Hello All.
 I'm in eastern Iowa. Over the years I've split my time between flint locks and archery. I've gone from modern to traditional and now trying to get into primitive archery.
Eastern woodland in particular.
I do have alot of questions [questions, new guy  :o] from bows to arrow types.  So I know I'll have stupid questions.
From threads I've read here I should get some good help. Don

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #95 on: May 31, 2008, 06:35:12 pm »
  Welcome Don, I think you will find what you are looking for here. I'll probally be tapping your experience with the smoke sticks. I like playing with them too.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Don

« Reply #96 on: May 31, 2008, 07:37:08 pm »
Mullet.
 Be glad to help if I can, been shooting them for alittle over 30 years. Let me know.
 Don

Offline loco cacahuate

« Reply #97 on: June 01, 2008, 02:30:37 pm »
Howdy, I'm Wesley in Texas. I've built 6 backed board bows and all but one has broken. My ultimate goal is to build a unbacked bow out of mesquite and another out of osage after I get the hang of things. I'm mostly a lurker, gathering info.
Never drop your gun to hug a grizzly

San Angelo TX

Offline DanaM

« Reply #98 on: June 01, 2008, 02:45:50 pm »
Welcome to PA Don and Loco as mullet said lots of good info here, don't be afraid to ask questions eh :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #99 on: June 01, 2008, 02:46:28 pm »
         A lurking Crazy Peanut.....thats what We need!!!!! Welcome Wesley.....your from the other end of the world from Me .....
                                                      I live in the Top of the Panhandle!!!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

joewaco78

« Reply #100 on: June 02, 2008, 02:22:31 am »
Hey guys, this is Joe formerly from Waco, now in Medford Or. Hope to show yall a bow I am making for my gf. :) If anyone is around here let us know! And Snag, we will be in Eugene this comming weekend btw!

Offline DanaM

« Reply #101 on: June 02, 2008, 09:18:51 am »
Looking forward to seeing it Joe :)

Manistique, MI

Offline ken bee

« Reply #102 on: June 03, 2008, 12:14:50 am »
hi guys, i'm a part cherokee part choctaw part german guy. i guess the melting pot worked. i live near the bear river in northern california. i grew up in the western states and as a boy i saw those juniper trees with those staves removed. i guess thats what sparked my initial intrest in indian archery. i tried to put that on hold. i was busy. a car came into the shop. in the back seat was a something narrow and long with an ark . i recognized a long bow in the back seat of a sedan . i was a wheel bow guy at the time. my buddies weren't interested sooo. i saw the mag. thank you p.r. you made my dream come true. you gave me the know how. thanks . can you teach me how to use the computer?  sincerely                   kenny 

Offline DanaM

« Reply #103 on: June 03, 2008, 12:25:47 pm »
Hey kenny glad you found us  :) Have to warn ya this stuff is highly addictive ;) So addictive we started our own
support group here ;D Glad to have ya eh.

Manistique, MI

Papa Matt

« Reply #104 on: June 03, 2008, 12:39:30 pm »
 Support Group is exactly right.  :D       Good to see all the new people (I"m one myself).   I think this is great and I'm sure everyone else will too. It's pretty hard to find anyone in my daily life that shares the addiction (my wife will attest that it is in fact an addiction), so it's good that we have a place to come and talk to others like us.