Author Topic: A REQUEST FOR THE NEW FOLKS  (Read 114572 times)

Offline DanaM

Re: A REQUEST FOR THE NEW FOLKS
« Reply #300 on: March 09, 2009, 05:11:39 pm »
Welcome aboard guys glad to have you both :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Scott E

« Reply #301 on: March 12, 2009, 12:38:20 am »
Hi, my name is Scott. I am from Indiana, Pennsylvania.  I signed up a couple days ago. I have been on a different archery site for a year, but this site is more to my liking. 

I started traditional archery roughly a year and a half ago. I started making arrows shortly after that, it wasn't enough. Then I started making bows, its a blast! I am working on number six, this one is for my brother, try to get him hooked.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #302 on: March 12, 2009, 02:50:27 pm »
Sounds like ya have the bug and there is no cure :) Now don't go and forget flintknapping ya gotta try that also ;)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Tyomies

« Reply #303 on: March 18, 2009, 03:20:45 pm »
I just joined the message boards.  My name i Brian.  I'm a Yooper (Marquette) from like a few other members from what I see.  I'm into a lot of traditional things, Anishnabe culture, blacksmithing etc.. I am reading up and planning on making my first bow soon.  Still going over designs and thinking about wood choice.  Hopefully I'm going to use something local like Ash or Birch.  I'm trying to gather info on how to make a Saami 2 wood bow which is probably pretty tough for a first one but it is what interests me.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #304 on: March 18, 2009, 10:16:09 pm »
I just joined the message boards.  My name i Brian.  I'm a Yooper (Marquette) from like a few other members from what I see.  I'm into a lot of traditional things, Anishnabe culture, blacksmithing etc.. I am reading up and planning on making my first bow soon.  Still going over designs and thinking about wood choice.  Hopefully I'm going to use something local like Ash or Birch.  I'm trying to gather info on how to make a Saami 2 wood bow which is probably pretty tough for a first one but it is what interests me.

MARQUETTE!!!!!!!!!!!! 436 Hampton Street ...........   South Marquette..grew up right under Rudy Heikila...who owned the whole damned Bluff above My House.....he's gone now....and all of the Property is a Big Subdivision now.....grew up swimming at the Quarry.....fishing the Billy Butcher Creek behind Birchgrove Trailer Park....and hinting Morel Mushrooms and running Trapline all over Mount Marquette all the way to the Carp River by the Prison.....small World........eh!!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline DanaM

« Reply #305 on: March 19, 2009, 09:10:38 am »
Well god dang its about time we got another Yooper on here >:D

Marquette eh, I'm in Manistique, can't help you with the finish bow but if ya want to get together let me know.
I have a bunch of staves and your welcome to one anytime just stop on by ;)

Manistique, MI

MO_xbow

« Reply #306 on: March 20, 2009, 11:06:43 pm »
hey every one, i'm new to crossbow shooting and i love to shoot. I bought a excalibur trick shooting bow and enjoy it. anyone else use it?

Offline wvbowhntr

« Reply #307 on: March 21, 2009, 11:13:59 pm »
hey everyone my name is greg i am from elkview wv.  i got into primitive archery about 6 months ago. I've posted 1 bow on here.  i have posted on another web site before so i thought i would throw in a couple of pics of the other bows i have built.

As for me and my house we will serve The Lord.  Greg in WV

Offline DanaM

« Reply #308 on: March 22, 2009, 08:19:59 am »
MO you won't find anyone on this site using a crossbow :o This site is about wood bows ;) :)

Thanks for sharing the pictures wv they look like dandies :)

Manistique, MI

Grunt

« Reply #309 on: March 25, 2009, 09:04:36 am »
My name is Grunt. I've built around 15 bows, broke a couple and I'm having fun and learning a lot. I have made a living turning bowls and making wood sculpture for the past 25 years and I have a good sized studio plum stocked with my toys [ tools]. I was pretty involved in Buckskinning years ago and was a member of the American Mountain Men. Most of my hunting has been with flintlocks but now I seem to be drawn to more primitive weapons. I tie and fish my own fly patterns here in the NC mountains. I'm starting to build my own arrows. I am a Vietnam USMC combat vet and I work with veterans of the current conflict one day a week at the VAMC in Asheville NC. Whew thats enough!!
Glad to be aboard, Grunt

Offline DanaM

« Reply #310 on: March 25, 2009, 01:16:57 pm »
Glad to have you Grunt, lots of guys from NC on here, thanks for your service to our country :)

Manistique, MI

Offline RG

« Reply #311 on: March 25, 2009, 08:03:27 pm »
Welcome Greg I have been in Tn. for over 30 years but am from Cowen WV.

Ron

Burner

« Reply #312 on: March 28, 2009, 12:02:54 pm »
Hello

I'm Neil from Surrey England. I'm planning to make a full compass yew selfbowmanily because I want to learn the skils and because I can't afford to buy a made one  :) You can look forward to a series of dumb questions from me - sorry in advance.

Cheers
Neil

Offline DanaM

« Reply #313 on: March 28, 2009, 03:16:38 pm »
Welcome to PA Neil, please fell free to ask your questions but take a few minutes
and read through some of the past threads also. There is a ton of good info on here
ya just have to find it :)

Manistique, MI

Ak thrower

« Reply #314 on: April 01, 2009, 03:15:24 am »
Hi all ! My name is Bret , I live in Kenai , Alaska .
I started shooting bow just a couple months ago along with my wife , We are enjoying it very much .I do plan to build a bow someday , but first I'd like to get better at shooting them ! Plus I have to build my house and shop before I build anything else .
My other hobbies are weight lifting and Scottish Highland games along with wood work and metal work .

There seems to be a lot of great information on this site and a lot of people with a lot of knowledge and willingness to help .

Thanks for a great site and look forward to learning more
Bret