Author Topic: A REQUEST FOR THE NEW FOLKS  (Read 114573 times)

Offline Colt45

• =]
Re: A REQUEST FOR THE NEW FOLKS
« Reply #285 on: March 03, 2009, 11:25:15 pm »
Hey I'm new just got accepted today!!!
I'm Colton Milbrandt
I live in St. George UT
The bow's in there, you just have to find it, and that is Boetry.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #286 on: March 03, 2009, 11:30:17 pm »
 Welcome aboard, looks like you are out in Justin's neck of the woods
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Colt45

• =]
« Reply #287 on: March 03, 2009, 11:36:46 pm »
Haha yes i have seen his bows. They are very nice! Also i live here with my brother whos name is also Justin, he is more into bows than me. Do you think you could help with my boo backed juniper bow question?
The bow's in there, you just have to find it, and that is Boetry.

Offline 22arrows

« Reply #288 on: March 03, 2009, 11:56:20 pm »
Just noticed the thread.

Dave from NJ
Just recently got interested in making my own bows and found this site.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #289 on: March 04, 2009, 09:19:49 am »
Welcome to PA Colt and Dave :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline ryanfromcanada

« Reply #290 on: March 05, 2009, 07:24:27 pm »
hello im ryan and im from canada

i would like to build my own bow

im 15 and live in ontario in canada

Offline JustAim

« Reply #291 on: March 05, 2009, 10:59:05 pm »
Hello Ryan, welcome to PA. -Matt

SkippingSchool

« Reply #292 on: March 06, 2009, 03:38:13 am »
Hi, I'm Ann Marie from Pennsylvania. Would someone make it stop snowing already!!  I just got my first bow last October as a wedding present from my dear hubby! How romantic!  He thought it was funny when he kept telling everyone about the big 'diamond' he got me, then showed up with the bow!  ha ha ha  So, now I'm practicing and trying to learn everything there is to learn about the sport.  I've been hunting for many years with a rifle, but never a bow. Should be fun. I've just been looking around in here for a while. Thought I'd say 'hi' and share my embarrassing moment. LOL   Nice to meet you all.
 O:)

Offline DanaM

« Reply #293 on: March 06, 2009, 06:50:43 am »
Welcome aboard Ryan.

Ann Marie I'm glad you stopped by, a bow for a wedding present sounds like a perfect gift to me :)
Now you need to make your own bow, and maybe one for your husband but only if he behaves ;) :D

I hear you on the snow, lots up here in the UP also :(
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Shadow Walker

« Reply #294 on: March 07, 2009, 04:56:36 pm »
O.K, this is my first time on one of these forums so I'm still learning how to use it.
Greetings from Ontario Canada!!  I am starting my first bow. It's going to be a horse bow. Since I do not have the luxury of a bandsaw or belt sander ect.,,, I will be using traditional hand tools to construct my bow ( coping saw, files ect.) Hopefully, with a lot of perserverence, and a little good fortune, it will turn out well.........we'll see!!

Offline Diligence

« Reply #295 on: March 07, 2009, 05:04:59 pm »
I've been lurking for a while....

Out here in Calgary, AB

I too stumbled onto this site after looking for "bows for dummies"...LOL.

Looking forward to learning from all you folks.

D
"Always do your best and to everyone be kind and good" - Ernst Hjalmer Selin (1906-2000)....my grandfather's words of advice he wanted me to tell my children.

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #296 on: March 08, 2009, 03:55:40 am »
Hi, my name is Dave.  I'm from Richmond, KY.  I joined this site about a month ago and said WOW!  I still say wow about everyday.  The folks on here are the most helpful I've ever seen on any website.  So far I"ve made 2 trades and am starting on my second bow.

I've hunted since I was 7.  I got hooked on deer hunting at 14.  Back then seeing a deer, even a doe was an amasing thing here in KY.  I've owned bows most of my life.  I just never hunted with them seriously.  They were an excuse to scout for deer with a slight possibility that one would come within range.  When my wife and I married, bought a farm and built a house; I bought a new wheelie.  Still, I used it primarily for scouting and getting outdoors to enjoy nature.  Last season I got serious about bow hunting.  I took two deer with an arrow.  I was hooked.  Even during firearm season I took the bow out.  Hunting with a rifle doesn't have the same appeal to me anymore.

So, the natural progression is to hunt with a bow I've built myself.  I've wanted to build a bow for 15 years or longer.  With the generous help I've recieved from folks on this site, I'm sure I'll have a self-made bow to hunt with next deer season.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline DanaM

« Reply #297 on: March 08, 2009, 06:44:29 am »
Welcome to PA Shadow Walker and Dilegence, If your serious about making your own bows then you have come to the right place :)
Don't be shy so if you have a question just ask eh. :)

Manistique, MI

Offline medievalhamster

« Reply #298 on: March 08, 2009, 03:55:46 pm »
Howdy, I've been lurking around here for a while and finally decided to get an account.

I'm from Oklahoma, smack dab in the middle. I've only gone hog hunting, but I do that a lot. I'm looking to get into other ways of taking game and different game as well.

I hadn't been very interested in becoming a bowyer until my cousin discovered that he was blesses with straight growing osage orange on his new ranch.

This looks like a great place to learn from those that are ages ahead of me.
Sic vis pacem, para bellum.

captyn cron

« Reply #299 on: March 09, 2009, 04:05:51 pm »
 Hey how's it goin, name's Chris but my friends call me captyn so ya'll are welcome to do the same. posted an intro in announcements but was directed here to make myself known to the site as well. Im from Centerville,Tx (Pop. 900 or so) and I won't be mad if you never heard of it. Love the country and the wild. ppl think I was born too late,lol

As hedge up there said hunting with a rifle isn't for me anymore, never hunted with a bow and I figure if I'm going to I might as well make it too! I remember a couple times I was out in the woods w/ my .257 Roberts and came so close to a deer I coulda hit it with a rock but couldn't pull the trigger cuz it didn't seem fair anymore. I mean almost anyone can shoot a gun after all and hit something.

anyways thats all I got for now! Glad to be here!