Author Topic: A REQUEST FOR THE NEW FOLKS  (Read 114676 times)

Offline Stoker

Re: A REQUEST FOR THE NEW FOLKS
« Reply #240 on: January 21, 2009, 06:08:27 pm »
Hi all I'm leroy form southern Alberta,Canada. Have been checking it out for acouple of weeks everything looks real cool. Just finished a holmgaard birch will post as soon as I can,computer not so good. Thanks
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline DanaM

« Reply #241 on: January 22, 2009, 06:36:03 am »
Welcome to PA Stoker looking forward to the pictures :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Maxwell

« Reply #242 on: January 24, 2009, 12:01:44 am »
Name is Maxwell from Centennial Colorado. Great place to live but a hardwood wasteland. Found three nice pieces of red oak in a dumpster last summer and decided I'd make a bow - broke the first two pieces, thrid one worked really well and I caught the bug. 7 total bows so far and working on my 1st RD. Still a novice but really enjoying it. Only downside to boyering is that I didn't hardly fly fish at all last summer - is this habit forming or what??

Offline DanaM

« Reply #243 on: January 24, 2009, 06:55:31 am »
Maxwell its to late for an intervention at this point, might as well learn to live with it ;) :D

Welcome to PA
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #244 on: January 27, 2009, 09:28:14 am »
    Darn ....and I thought that Southern Ontario was colder than Upper Michigan....look Dana...the Frass is still Green.......... >:D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline DanaM

« Reply #245 on: January 27, 2009, 12:26:05 pm »
Hey the grass is still green here also under da 2 feet of snow but green ::)

Southern Ontario eh, heck yer almost a Yooper Tillbilly :D

Manistique, MI

Offline DanaM

« Reply #246 on: January 27, 2009, 03:02:26 pm »
If yer across from Detroit than yer actually almost a Troll not a Yooper, my bad ;) :D

Manistique, MI

walker.to.tall

« Reply #247 on: January 27, 2009, 05:46:50 pm »
my names walker, i been mainly into to paintball really,but my coach started us in this archery stuff and now i really like it.
i live down in texas and havent gone hunting exept for rabbits but i hope my mom will let me go soon. the only bow i got at the moment is a f/g that my coach ishud to me, but i hope to get a real old fashioned bow soon.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #248 on: January 28, 2009, 06:34:34 am »
Welcome to PA walker, do some research and get yourself a redoak board then start making shavings :)
Don't hesitate to ask questions either, were here to help :)

Manistique, MI

chuckcolas

« Reply #249 on: January 30, 2009, 04:09:51 am »
Howdy All,  My name is Chuck, and I am just getting into this.  I live in Eagleville, CA, in the beautiful Surprise Valley.  I am into buckskinning and shooting muzzleloaders.  Recently, some of the guys got into primitive archery.  I tried it two weeks ago, and now I am hooked!  I just bought a couple of pignut hickory self bows, and I'm gonna go out and shoot them tomorrow.  I'm sure I will be asking you guys for advice and things. So, thanks in advance!   Chuck

Offline DanaM

« Reply #250 on: January 30, 2009, 07:28:25 am »
Welcome to PA Chuck, hope you realize when you say your addicted that their is no replacement drug or intervention
strong enough to take the craving for selfbows away :) Watchout out for the secondary infections that come along later
like flint knapping and arrow building :o ;D

Manistique, MI

chuckcolas

« Reply #251 on: January 30, 2009, 10:21:45 pm »
I've got a lot to learn, but what a great time it was shooting today.  I have shot bows before but never totaly primitive.  It had been so long since I had shot a bow, that it was like learning all over again.  I'm glad I went primitive
                  There is just something better about making your own gear, and going simple.  That's why I like buckskining so much.  Now with primitive archery added to our clubs list of activities, I like it better than ever!

Offline Dinix

« Reply #252 on: January 31, 2009, 03:08:13 pm »
James Kaul from proctorville ohio/Huntington WV area. I've only made 1 arrow and now bow yet.. >:)

Offline DanaM

« Reply #253 on: January 31, 2009, 03:19:50 pm »
Dinix ya came to the right place, one arrow is a start now ya need a bow to shoot it eh :)

Manistique, MI

Offline Whostino

« Reply #254 on: January 31, 2009, 06:32:04 pm »
HI everyone my names Justin, I'm 16, and I live in Phoenix AZ, and have been shooting traditional archery for about 3 years now. I've wanted to make my own bow for about a year now but I'm the only one in my family that shoots and I don't have a clue as where to start.