Author Topic: A REQUEST FOR THE NEW FOLKS  (Read 114691 times)

Offline DanaM

Re: A REQUEST FOR THE NEW FOLKS
« Reply #165 on: August 05, 2008, 07:28:12 am »
Welcome to PA bilder glad you joined us There is a few other folks from AK on here.
You come to the right place, make yerself right at home and ask all the questions you want :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Brad Singley

« Reply #166 on: August 06, 2008, 12:31:21 pm »
Hello all,
    My name is Brad Singley  and I live in Griffin, GA.  I am a fulltime firefighter/emt and knifemaker.  I am interested in building a bow but have lots to learn.  I think this is a good place to start.  Great website and forums!

Offline DanaM

« Reply #167 on: August 06, 2008, 12:34:39 pm »
Welcome aboard Brad, Georgia eh, getting to be quite a few of you Georgia boys on here :)
Feel free to ask for help it what we all do-help each other.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

whitewoodshunter

« Reply #168 on: August 12, 2008, 06:55:19 pm »
HI my name is actually Bill and I'm from Clarion County Pennsylvania. like to hunt and fish and build bows. Ive been doing it for years.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #169 on: August 14, 2008, 07:16:54 am »
Welcome to PA Bill, quite afew folks from PA on here :)

Manistique, MI

sapling

« Reply #170 on: August 14, 2008, 05:38:51 pm »
i guess i can introduce myself too...                                                                                                                         

My name is Levi Mann I live in imperial MO... just south of St. Louis.. I am 17 workin on my first self bow

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #171 on: August 14, 2008, 06:27:01 pm »
i guess i can introduce myself too...                                                                                                                         

My name is Levi Mann I live in imperial MO... just south of St. Louis.. I am 17 workin on my first self bow

So is that where Sapling came from.....your just a Little tree!!!!!!!! >:D

Welcome!!!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline gigmaster

• The Naturalpath
« Reply #172 on: August 14, 2008, 07:02:50 pm »
Hi:

I am Rev. Dr. Joel C. Brothers, ND, SHD. I am a Traditional Naturopath and have a clinic in Cleveland, Tn. I specialize in Herbology, Reflexology, Hydrotherapy, and Therapudic Massage. I am also an Ordained Minister, and have a street Ministry, and I do Sacraments, Blessings, Weddings, Sevices, Communion, Confessions, Sick Calls and Exorcisms. I am one of the Chaplains of the YMCA. I build traditional bows, and atlatls.  I also hunt with them, as well as with my .62 cal. Blowgun, my slingshot and Rabbit Sticks.

I have always been a history buff, but when I was a youngster in Elementary School, I read about the exploits of Thor Heyerdahl and his raft, the Kon-Tiki. He drifted across the Pacific in his raft to prove that Polynesia had been settled by voyagers from Peru, instead of Asia. I caught the bug of wanting experience history, instead of just reading about it. So, I have been on sailing ships, I camp with little of no equipment, use ancient methods to hunt and fish, and belong to several re-enactment groups for the Civil War, the Revolutionary War, and the Middle Ages Combat groups. I also fence. I have learned that the 'Primitive' People were no so primitive after all. They just used a different type of technology. People really haven't changed in the 500,00 years we've been here. We just got newer toys.

I look forward to sharing experience and knowledge with all of you.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #173 on: August 15, 2008, 07:27:44 am »
Welcome to PA sapling if you need help or have questions, just ask eh :)

Welcome aboard gigmaster, thats quite a resume and sounds like you might have a few stories to share :)

Manistique, MI

Offline Postman

« Reply #174 on: August 15, 2008, 10:43:27 pm »
 People really haven't changed in the 500,00 years we've been here. We just got newer toys. - gigmaster

WELL SAID!   - sounds like a good signature line.

Ever do the Battle of New Market?
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA

Offline Bill Skinner

« Reply #175 on: August 21, 2008, 06:56:45 pm »
Hello, my name is Bill Skinner and I am from Alabama.  I bow hunt, knap, and hunt with an atlatl.  I have killed two deer and a hog with stone points and rivercane arrows.  I have yet to build a bow that has survived very long.  My brother Steve builds excellant bows and I have two of his.  I am more of a lurker than a poster.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #176 on: August 21, 2008, 07:00:08 pm »
Welcome Bill. Go steal a stave from your brother and come back here and we will walk you through the bow building process.      Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #177 on: August 21, 2008, 07:23:00 pm »
Hay Bill Skinner:

Stop lurking and make another post.
I am from North West Alabama.  Where you at?

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

twh715

« Reply #178 on: August 25, 2008, 08:56:11 pm »
hey everybody i am from jacksonville fl

i have been shooting a traditional recurve for several years now and have recently started to read  PA 

i am also considering building a bow maybe next year since my second son will be born in about 7-weeks
hopefully i will get to bowhunt some but if not oh well 

Offline DanaM

« Reply #179 on: August 26, 2008, 11:07:35 am »
Welcome to PA twh, by all means make yerself a bow and feel free to ask all the questions you want :)
My son is stationed at the naval base in St Mary's, GA right next to ya.
Congratulations on the new son :)

Manistique, MI