Author Topic: A REQUEST FOR THE NEW FOLKS  (Read 114603 times)

Offline DanaM

Re: A REQUEST FOR THE NEW FOLKS
« Reply #135 on: June 21, 2008, 08:41:45 am »
Welcome to PA Jay and Mike, glad you joined us :)

Jay I see your down by Port Huron, there is a guy on here from that area his name is Jamie and goes by michbowguy send him a PM
and you could probably get together he can give you some pointers. I'm in the UP so if ya ever get north of the bridge give me a holler eh.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline shikari

« Reply #136 on: June 27, 2008, 03:06:23 pm »
Hello Folks,
              My name is Pawanjit Singh,everyone calls me P.J.I have been living in Kinsman,Ohio for the last 4 yrsarizona before that and India before that.Love this site and love hunting and archery.You all turn out some amazing bows,I will definately be needing help and advice from you all in the future.
Thanks P.J.

Stan Gergely

« Reply #137 on: June 30, 2008, 01:14:26 pm »
   Hello everyone... Stan Gergely here..   Been lurking for a long time, really enjoy this site. Mucho info and great people...
     Born and raised in Michigan and been suffering from the selfbow sickness since about 1990....

Offline newknapper

« Reply #138 on: June 30, 2008, 01:25:11 pm »
Hi folks Chris is the name, I have been a member here since late April I have been interested in bow building for about a year now and completed a couple and had alot of failures. I have learned alot from looking on this site already and plan to be more of a participating member in the future. I am from Alapaha Georgia and i am a knapper

fdorigon

« Reply #139 on: June 30, 2008, 04:18:40 pm »
Hi!

I'm a Italians descendant living at Brazil, Sao Paulo City, and I have really passions about primitive ways of life, I have excused much time time to learning about ancient archery and unfortunately not found many brazilian people in this art.
I have 31 years old, and a beautiful 2 years  blues eyes son, that look to the full-moon and say-me: beautiful ball "Papa", then, I stay happy, and I sure that my blood and passions are in his blood too.
Excuse me all for my bad english, but i think everyone understand-me.

Thanks for all,

Fernando Dorigon

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #140 on: June 30, 2008, 07:22:35 pm »
Stai facendo bene ..... se non avete capito .... far loro mangiare la torta! Benvenuto e spero che si possa insegnare di cosa avete bisogno per conoscere meglio costruire Bows ..... e sono sicuro che il tuo Figlio, gode degli stessi .... come Egli cresce imparando da Lei ... Una volta di pił ..... Benvenuti  Michael  ( El Destructo ) Roberts
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Voodoo

« Reply #141 on: July 01, 2008, 10:46:24 am »
Hello All, My name is Steve Hartley, and I live near Warren Indiana in the woods along the Salamonie river, I build r&d laminated 3 piece Elk risered longbows, (taught myself how)... but I've been bitten by the selfbow bug since my trip down to the Tenn.Classic and meeting Pappy and the gang, even got a subscription to the mag while I was there... can't wait to build a selfbow, I love a challenge!! Glad to be here!!, Thanks for having me,Steve

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #142 on: July 01, 2008, 05:03:46 pm »
Welcome Voodoo, I saw your elk handled bow at the Classic. Pretty cool!!! 8)  Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Boro

« Reply #143 on: July 04, 2008, 10:17:26 am »
Hello people, my name is Boris & I live in Croatia. For those who haven't heard of this country, it is in the heart of Balkan. My interests are mainly in bowbuilding and  I like also some primitive ways. Great forum by the way, lots of good info.
Zagreb, Croatia

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #144 on: July 04, 2008, 10:30:58 am »
Welcome Boris, thanks for joining us. It is really good to see guys from all over the world get together and share knowledge like this.  Do you live in the Coastal region or farther inland?  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Boro

« Reply #145 on: July 04, 2008, 10:40:40 am »
I live in capital, Zagreb, and I also have a house in Plitvice lakes, very beautifull place, google it. That is the base of my bowbuilding attempts. It is a mountine area.
Zagreb, Croatia

theoneofthechuck

« Reply #146 on: July 07, 2008, 07:21:10 am »
Hello hello, My name is Chuck, and I'm from Brockville Ontario Canada (Sorry I have to add this ><) GO LEAFS GO!! *ahem* I first got into archery when I was about 10 (decade and a half ago   :-[) I think, maybe a bit younger. I believe I used  selfbow that one of my great uncles made years before I was born. Then it snapped on me when I was about 16, and haven't really picked up a bow since :'( But I still love it and would love to get back into it. If anyone is in the area I would love to get together and see how everything is done, and see if I can get myself a little project going ^.^b

Offline DanaM

« Reply #147 on: July 07, 2008, 01:41:01 pm »
Welcome to PA Chuck, there are several folks from Canada on here so perhaps you can hook up with someone,
but in the meantime read up and get yourself some wood and start making shavings :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline ballista

• freedom isnt free
« Reply #148 on: July 17, 2008, 04:36:51 pm »
 hey, im jimmy. living currently in northern illinois, got into bowyering something like a year ago. bow of choice is, without a doubt, longbow ;D. big deer hunter, although i started in 07 ive been hunting rabbit and squerrel all my life.(usually not with a bow) when i go deer hunting, i use a compound, but once i turn 16 im planning on going to a longbow for deer. i was born in greece, grew up there for a year, then moved here. im a big guitarist, but thats beside the point. im hoping to get to know alot of the people here, and post some of the bows ive made, and mmy future work on this sight ;D
Walk slowly, with a big stick. -Ted Rosevelt.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #149 on: July 17, 2008, 04:50:46 pm »
Welcome Jimmy. Looking forward to seeing your work.      Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC