Author Topic: A REQUEST FOR THE NEW FOLKS  (Read 114602 times)

Offline DanaM

Re: A REQUEST FOR THE NEW FOLKS
« Reply #120 on: June 06, 2008, 03:16:55 pm »
Glad to hav ya Jon, don't hesitate to ask questions were here to help :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

onjay s

« Reply #121 on: June 07, 2008, 12:09:01 am »
Hello Primitive Archers!  ;D  I am Jesse S. wife, Angie.  I also live in Wisconsin.  I enjoy shooting bows, but do not do it too often.  I do get to enjoy the craft of bows on the daily, however!  They fill the house!  There's one hanging from the light in the middle of my study room at the moment! :o  But, sigh, I guess i wouldn't have it any other way......

I've heard much about some of you, especially those who attended the classic this year, hopefully I will be able to go next year if the ticks don't scare me off.  Look forward to chatting with you all and critiquing your tiller! ;)

Offline majsnuff

• Shoot low boys the bad guys are riding ponies.
« Reply #122 on: June 07, 2008, 12:35:49 pm »
Born in Chattanooga Tn. Lived in Oklahoma, California, and Idaho. Idaho since 1970. 3 years in th Army including a couple trips to V.N., 22 years in the Guard, 4 years in reserves.
Been hunting since I was 14, serious about bow hunting since I was 22. Started making my own bows in 1998 or 1999, have been hunting with them since 99. Although I was moderately successfull with compound on deer and elk, I have taken no big game with a home made bow.
keep it simple
make it fun

Offline DanaM

« Reply #123 on: June 07, 2008, 01:27:28 pm »
Glad you decided to post Angie me and the wife will be down to get our dog from next weekend maybe Monday you have to let me know when ok
Please don't spoil him in the few days yer going to have him ;)

majsnuff glad to have you on board and looking forward to some pictures of yer stuff :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

DBernier

« Reply #124 on: June 08, 2008, 07:45:19 pm »
Good thread DanaM. Now if we can only get some of our old time users to fill in at least their state we should be OK. I wonder if when filling out the registration to log onto PA for the first time, it was mandatory to do at least that. It take a lot of extra time to check a persons state and then if it is not there you have to ask them to try and help answer their question.

Dick

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #125 on: June 08, 2008, 08:10:31 pm »
Dick....People aren't all like You, Dana and Me....I have nothing to hide...and I am not afraid that someone is going to Steal My Life ..... Wife....or Family Pet...if I give a little information about Me...... I asked one Kid on here why He wouldn't let anyone know where He lived....He told Me that there were too many Sicko's out Here to chance it....ain't the Same World anymore!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Phillip K

« Reply #126 on: June 10, 2008, 02:02:02 am »
If I may interject, The Reason I think is, there are to many computer Smarties out there that know how to Crack And Hack, thus Everyone should have a really long Password And not use your name For a password. If someone steals your E-mail as such has happened to myself with yahoo and Myspace, just create another account and don't worry about it cause them crackers are gonna get Karma! Glad to Learn with all yas.PK

Offline rivercane

« Reply #127 on: June 16, 2008, 01:28:09 pm »
Hi guys, thought I would update my profile.  I'm originally from NW Ohio.  Moved to N Carolina 3 years ago.  It's difficult to find a spot to hunt around here, with or without paying for a lease.  Anyhow I'm giving this bow building a try and I think this site is great for information and ideas.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #128 on: June 16, 2008, 09:52:45 pm »
Hi guys, thought I would update my profile.  I'm originally from NW Ohio.  Moved to N Carolina 3 years ago.  It's difficult to find a spot to hunt around here, with or without paying for a lease.  Anyhow I'm giving this bow building a try and I think this site is great for information and ideas.

You think it's hard to hunt there...come to the biggest of the Lower 48....and see how easy it is......Texas is the worst when it come to Public Land....and Leases are outrageous too....less than 3% of this Massive State is open to the Public....it's a Shame
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

stonecarver

« Reply #129 on: June 17, 2008, 04:16:29 am »
I'm  48 yrs old and currently reside in Thorne Bay Alaska. I started shooting a bows as far back as I can remember. Shot bows all through my youth, as kids we used to ride our bicycles to a archery range in Mt. Vernon Wa. Then next thing you know, bows grew pulleys, weights, sights and other things I can't bring myself to speak of! Now if that weren't bad enough arrows started being made from strange metals that must contain a lot of gold because they sure got spendy.
 I still have a old 45# Howatt high speed (recurve) I love to shoot.
 Sure I bought a few of the wheeled bows, just never liked shoot'n them, you see they make my hand that holds the bow bounce as I draw and since thats when I aim and release is when my thumb comes home to my ear. compounds just were not right for me.
 Well now I just learned that great bows can be made from wood, I've made a few shooters and now I'm looking to make a bow for next years spring black bear hunt. So far a 70# crabapple and a 60# red oak board bow are the best I've done.
 Since I'm having fun learning the bowyers art I think it will be a good hobby for a lot of years to come.
cya

sc

Offline DanaM

« Reply #130 on: June 17, 2008, 10:50:34 am »
Welcome to PA Rivercane and stonecarver glad you joined our party :)

Manistique, MI

countryboy

« Reply #131 on: June 18, 2008, 05:22:23 pm »
hello primative archers, my name is shaun im from the small town of roan mountain in east tennessee. Ive been shooting bows and hunting all my life but i am just getting into primative archery. i dont know much about building bows, flintnapping and stuff but it is something i would like to learn more about. and i just bought a recurve and am doing pretty good with it. thanks to ya'll for letting me be a member.                                                                                                                                                               

thanks,
                                                                                                                                                                                     countryboy

p.s.     yee haw

Offline DanaM

« Reply #132 on: June 19, 2008, 10:05:53 am »
No thanks necessary Shaun all are welcome here :) Glad you stopped in please make yerself at home eh

Manistique, MI

Offline jaybird

« Reply #133 on: June 21, 2008, 12:07:28 am »
Hi everyone,  I'm Jay just started with using a self bow that my father in law gave me last summer brings back childhood memories of my first bow a sapling with the bark still on it with a bale string.  I live in croswell MI.  just started making my first bow Ive broke a few on the way but thats how I learn 

Catamount

« Reply #134 on: June 21, 2008, 12:21:55 am »
My name is Mike and I live in central Utah. I love archery and I make and shoot all my own gear. I do alot of 3d and field shoots and hunt alot of small game year round. I hunt deer and elk with a recurve or longbow every year but don't get too serious about it. I make glass/carbon t/d recurves and wood flatbows. I'll post some pics of my latest bows once i figure out this website.