Author Topic: Favorite Bow & Why ?  (Read 1873 times)

Offline Stick Bender

Favorite Bow & Why ?
« on: January 21, 2019, 04:41:06 am »
I was wondering what makes a favorite bow a favorite bow for every body, in my case when I just want to relax & grab a bow and stump shoot I grab my trusty simple osage leaver bow , it's not my fastest or most accurate bow, I have bows that would dwarf it by 35fps , I have bows that are much more accurate but just some thing that brings me back to it , was it the memory of making it the friends you consulted was it the challenge of the build ,I really don't know I just know it's my favorate ! What's your favorite bow and why ?
If you fear failure you will never Try !

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Favorite Bow & Why ?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 05:11:53 am »
THe one I'm building and shooting at the time because it's the one I'm building and shooting at the time.   :OK   :BB
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 05:45:26 am »
Pretty much what Pat said, I do have a couple that when I ant shooting good I go to, Just seems to fit. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 06:43:29 am »
It's too hard for me to answer that question. I have to many favorites to name just one. Like Pat said most always the one I'm working on. My first one. My first selfbow buck kill one. My second selfbow buck kill one. Bow I donated to charity raffle for a good friend. Bows I made my kids and grandkids. Bows I have received from other PA members. One of the many I haven't posted yet really is up there at the top of the list. I just really love shooting, looking and holding it. It has just the right amount of caricature and it is a great performer to. There kinda new like my kids and grandkids. Can't just have one favorite. Love em all
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2019, 08:34:18 am »
The one I'm going to make from the stave Stickbender gave me :)

Offline Stick Bender

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2019, 08:47:43 am »
Lol Brad did you get that one cleaned up ? Well its really always the current bow is the favorite because its going to be the perfect one including my current  ::) I have so many bows now I dont have enough years left to put 1000 arrows threw them all but the bow showen is the one I grab most when Im by my self shooting for plain fun just a good feeling when I take it out  (--)

Offline hoosierf

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2019, 09:02:20 am »
My current favorite is the plum bow Springbuck made for me in this years’ bow swap. Such a sweet shooter and absolutely dead in the hand. On top of that it weighs almost nothing.

Offline Bayou Ben

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2019, 09:08:10 am »
I agree with what others have said about the one I'm working on, but my go to is the 3rd keeper bow I made, a bamboo backed yellow heart bow, 68"ntn, 58#.  Nothing special about it.  It could have been tillered better and it's not the fastest bow I've built but it was the 1st bow I took hunting and the only bow I've build that I have 1000's of arrows through.  I guess it's just the one that feels most comfortable in my hand.

Offline Stick Bender

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2019, 09:22:40 am »
Sweet Ben I like the yellow heart bet it's a nice shooter at 68", mines 68" also I think maybe it's the simplicity of mine is what attracts me to it , simple bows are great things !