Author Topic: Backpack Bow Challenge!  (Read 76768 times)

Offline 1/2primitive

• Bible believing Christian
Re: Backpack bow challenge!
« Reply #150 on: August 05, 2008, 07:49:28 pm »
Nice bow.  ;D

I've almost finished mine, it's been sitting idle in my room for a while, though.
It's about 38"ntn, and around 50lb@18". I'll try to get pictures later.
      Sean
Dallas/Fort Worth Tx.

Offline burn em up chuck

« Reply #151 on: August 07, 2008, 02:17:14 am »
 >:(dang computer illiterate! 4th times a charm. anyway, bow is 40" overall and 38 1/2" ntn. the charecter in the bow has been tough,any advise would helpfull. i will try some pictures know.                                                                                
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 02:20:38 am by evldwrf »
Honored to say I'm a Member of the

Twin Oaks Bowhunters club

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #152 on: August 07, 2008, 02:20:17 am »
Nice! Looks like a cross between a holm and and indian flatbow. Can we see a front profile?  I would say get it bending in the handle a bit more. Just a tad and then your done! Wow, nice one! I think we have one of the first to meet the challenge!
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline burn em up chuck

« Reply #153 on: August 07, 2008, 02:44:29 am »
thank you d.tiller i will try. i have worked on the tiller sinse the picture was taken,will try more pictures tomorow. i this will do for know                                          first picture is when i started second is when i first got it strung 50# @ about 10"
Honored to say I'm a Member of the

Twin Oaks Bowhunters club

Offline M-P

• PA731115
    • Traveling Surgery
« Reply #154 on: September 05, 2008, 10:40:10 pm »
Hi Guys,  I've been following this rather entertaining thread, but wasn't going to enter until it occrred to me that the korean bow I'm working on fits the criteria!   The bow isn't finished yet, but with the sinew applied the bow has developed a seious reflex the curls this 50 inch bow into a small enough size to fit in most back packs.       Ron
"A man should make his own arrows."   Omaha proverb   

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."    Will Rogers

Offline M-P

• PA731115
    • Traveling Surgery
« Reply #155 on: September 05, 2008, 10:41:49 pm »
Still working on posting photos   Ron

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."    Will Rogers

Offline M-P

• PA731115
    • Traveling Surgery
« Reply #156 on: September 05, 2008, 10:42:39 pm »
Ron

Offline M-P

• PA731115
    • Traveling Surgery
« Reply #157 on: September 05, 2008, 10:44:13 pm »
    Ron

Offline Jesse

« Reply #158 on: September 05, 2008, 10:53:08 pm »
Thats awesome. hope it turns out as nice as it looks like its going to :o
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Far East Archer

« Reply #159 on: September 06, 2008, 02:49:39 am »
Nice Korean bow M-P  :)

The ears seem light color, what have you used for them?

You have good even shape on reflex, it looks very promising.

Alex

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #160 on: September 06, 2008, 03:35:53 am »
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but sinew is not allowed in the challenge. We have to see what we can come up with without using sinew. I do like the bow though its a beauty!!!
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #161 on: September 06, 2008, 11:56:28 am »
Nice! Looks like a cross between a holm and and indian flatbow. Can we see a front profile?  I would say get it bending in the handle a bit more. Just a tad and then your done! Wow, nice one! I think we have one of the first to meet the challenge!
David, I think you have a little problem. You wanted a bow that would pull at least 18". That one pulls 50# but only 10". That eliminates the challenge if you only go 10" because you haven't gone far enough to stress the wood or to create problems with string angle.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #162 on: September 06, 2008, 12:22:49 pm »
                                                             ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #163 on: September 06, 2008, 03:44:20 pm »
You sure thats not an 18" draw? Only 10"? Hmmmm! Challenge is still unbroken then. You sure? Looks like 18" to me. (Get your minds out of the gutters guys. I'm talking about the bow!!!!)  ;D

Offline M-P

• PA731115
    • Traveling Surgery
« Reply #164 on: September 07, 2008, 01:08:53 am »
Well Dang!  I must have missed the page where you decided to outlaw sinew.  It's all fun anyway.  This bow came to me as a "kit" .  A Korean bowyer suffered a stroke a couple of years ago and can no longer work.  His inventory of parts is / was being sold to help bring in continued income.  The pieces were all rough shaped and "only" needed some assembly and sinew.  So, I don't know the type of wood used for the siyahs, though I think it is traditionally a type of mulberry.
Ron