Author Topic: Bows  (Read 6091 times)

Offline ionicmuffin

Re: Bows
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2013, 02:15:43 pm »
you know pappy. if your finding it hard to keep all those bows, taking up space and all, you could send one my way. I think i have a nice little place for one or two of them....lol :P  :laugh: ive only got one, ill post it when i get back from class.
Amo innectis arcus- I love crafting bows (latin)

Offline dragonman

• virabows.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2013, 05:11:11 pm »
awesome Pappy......like the snakeys best
'expansion and compression'.. the secret of life is to balance these two opposing forces.......

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2013, 05:53:22 pm »
Pappy when I leave from the classic, we can put some of those in my truck and that would give you room to put some new ones in their place >:D

Offline chamookman

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2013, 06:13:07 pm »
NICE ! That snakey one in the center really caught My Eye too Pappy - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline seabass

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2013, 06:25:07 pm »
nice sticks Pappy.you'll have one more when i get down there.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Newindian

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2013, 09:57:18 pm »
I'll post mine and be brutally honest about it. This is every thing I have ever built that shoots an arrow, excluding two broken ones and one that I sold. Out of here there are six I like two I can stand and four I actually shoot. Newest on the right oldest on the left. The two on the top are "ornamental" but will shoot.
I like free stuff.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2013, 06:21:03 am »
Nice looking collection Newindian, I am sure I won't have these all that long,I only keep the ones given to me and maybe a special one from time to time,the last picture I took of all my bows was a few years back and don't have but maybe one of them left,don't know what happens to all of them but they seem to get away. ;) :) Thanks for the complaments.keep the pictures coming.I love seeing bows. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline twisted hickory

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2013, 12:51:36 pm »
Pappy,
Seeing those snake skin bows gets me excited to get the skins on the one I am workign on now. Love the snakey one with rattler skin on it ;)
Greg

Offline DirtyDan

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2013, 02:42:34 pm »
Great collection, Pappy.  What a wonderful display of your excellent talent.  Too bad you cannot show the thousands of other bows that you helped other people build.  You are the GODFATHER of primitive archery.
Dan

Offline tom sawyer

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2013, 04:33:49 pm »
You must be storing them wrong, some of them got all crooked.

I wish I had a bunch of my bows for a photo, I tend to give them away and collect ones other people made.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2013, 06:24:48 am »
I do the same Lennie,these probably won't be around long,several of these are from other folks,Shannon Walker/Will/Matt/Gary Davis and maybe another or 2.
Dan good to hear from you.Hope you can make it back to the Classic,you are a bow building machine and what a sweet wife. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good