Author Topic: HHB Tiller Check  (Read 1890 times)

Offline clewis

HHB Tiller Check
« on: July 27, 2018, 03:46:38 pm »
Hi folks,

I finished up an HHB 62" ntn at 43lbs @28", 1.5" at the fades for about 10 inches then tapers to 3/8. The upper limb just doesn't look right but I'm thinking its good enough and ive already moved on to other staves. The upper limb also has some deflex off the handle and a dog leg on the last third of the limb but I tried to heat it all out. I also put 2' of relfex in and holds 1.5 after tillering and shot a couple dozen times. Any feedback helps,

thanks,

clewis

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: HHB Tiller Check
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 03:49:55 pm »
I think the bend looks good but the upper limb may have a bit of twist.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 06:55:55 pm »
When I first saw the full draw picture it looked like might be a hinge in upper limb. After seeing the unbraced profile I think full draw looks pretty good.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2018, 07:11:51 pm »
Tillr looks good. Is the bottom limb shorter than the top? Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2018, 07:51:01 pm »
Tiller looks good to my eyes.
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Offline clewis

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2018, 09:38:34 pm »
Tillr looks good. Is the bottom limb shorter than the top? Jawge

Thanks for the feedback folks. Hey Jawge I didn’t notice that till you pointed it out but I measured it and no it’s not longer but appears to be an optical illusion.
 bjrogg I’ll post a better pic of that top limb tomorrow to give you a better look at the challenge of tillering this bow. My intention was to get a draw weight of 35lbs for a gift bow to my club for a women’s event we hosted but liked it to much so got a hunting weight or decent target bow out of it. I don’t make many of these rigid handled bows but they are starting to grow on me, loving this one.

Offline clewis

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2018, 12:40:11 pm »
Here's a closer look at that top limb. It doesn't look like much but it really threw me off when tillering.

Offline DC

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2018, 12:54:58 pm »
I find that the little wiggles are harder to deal with than the big ones. The big ones are always right in your face so you remember them. The little ones kind of disappear in the bend and you have to keep reminding yourself that they're there.