Author Topic: Flattening bamboo?  (Read 4885 times)

Offline Stick Bender

Re: Flattening bamboo?
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2018, 03:46:27 am »
They make a sanding disc for the table saw that probably would work I'm ordering one of these for doing precession scarf joints because of the large table surface for jigs ! https://www.woodcraft.com/products/woodriver-10-table-saw-sanding-disc-mounting-plate?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIj5WAgNKM3AIV3rrACh3hmgX_EAQYAyABEgI2r_D_BwE
If you fear failure you will never Try !

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2018, 05:35:15 am »
I can do it in 5 seconds with my light sabre.... takes longer with the heavy sabre  ::)
Sorry... :-[
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline chamookman

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2018, 01:55:42 am »
 (lol) (lol) (lol) :OK -Funny Del !
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Hamish

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2018, 02:52:04 am »
Which version of the light sabre is best for boo, original, or prequel.

Offline Badger

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2018, 08:07:12 am »
   It is not really about speed, it is just that it doesn't take but a few minutes if you have a procedure and tools. I usually buy about a dozen strips at a time and process all of them at once. It doesn't take very long at all.  If you don't use them right away you have to go back over them before using because they tend to arc toward the back after sitting for a few days or even less. This can cause cracks when you pull it down flat with the rubbers.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 08:18:31 am by Badger »

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2018, 10:53:59 am »
Another thing I have found if you buy in trunk form or cut your own it is best to let it dry in trunk form until you plan to do the thinning. I cut a truckload one time and immediately cut it into slats but left it untrimmed or thinned. Every bit of it cupped into a U shape as it cured and was unusable. Any I cut green now I just knock out the internal nodes with a hoe handle and put it in the corner of my shop to dry.