Author Topic: Guests  (Read 1800 times)

Offline burchett.donald

Guests
« on: June 10, 2018, 02:49:53 am »
     Almost every time I come "Around the Campfire" I see so many guests looking in, 30 right now...Guests cannot see pictures or post anything in this discussion area...You folks feel free to sign up on Primitive Archer  and become a member...It only takes a minute and your logged on...Doesn't cost you anything! So much to explore here...You are welcome to add yourself to the site...We have plenty of room around the fire...
                                                                                                                                                                Don
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 02:56:28 am by burchett.donald »
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Guests
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 05:11:52 am »
Well said Don. I'm not much for computer or social media in general. Not even on Facebook. I really enjoy this site though. Just a few simple rules to keep things civil. Lots of really great people willing to share their time, skills and knowledge with anyone serious enough to ask for it.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 07:57:21 am »
Actually guests can see everything, they just can't post
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 09:08:21 am »
  Marc, actually not...If I log out, I can't see pictures "Around the Campfire"...I have many friends that can't see pics either...
                                                                                                                                                                      Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 09:28:29 am »
This is a good idea.  Can the guests see a sticky note at the top?  I wish there was a pop up when they log on that would say that. 
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2018, 11:16:54 am »
  Marc, actually not...If I log out, I can't see pictures "Around the Campfire"...I have many friends that can't see pics either...
                                                                                                                                                                      Don

Well that's interesting.  I just came on as a guest and can see pics in the Bows forum but not this one.

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2018, 11:19:12 am »
I see what it is.  If the pic is uploaded to the PA server then a guest cannot see it.  If it's hosted on another site then they can

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2018, 05:29:57 pm »
I've had a look at the board's permissions for guests and nowhere is there the option of granting them permission to view attachments other than those hosted from another site

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com