Author Topic: Father's Day ALB  (Read 3416 times)

Offline upstatenybowyer

Re: Father's Day ALB
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2018, 06:17:01 am »
Thank you Don. I most certainly trust your eye for balance.  ;)

You're on point as usual Ed, about the Yew and the Black Cherry. The owner will have to get used to shooting w/ a minimal arrow rest, he's a compound guy with an interest in traditional.

Thanks Clint. Those stingray pieces aren't cheap, but I wanted to add a little something special.

BJ, if I can make it, I'm there. What's the date this year?

I appreciate the encouragement hoosierf. So many awesome bows on PA.
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2018, 09:30:51 am »
Jeff two weeks from now. Actually less. Sounds like guys will start showing up as soon as Tuesday the 22nd. Most will leave Sunday I usually stick around till late morning Monday (Memorial Day). If I can I'd like to get there Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday afternoon. The late spring has me really behind but I got a lot of work done past couple of weeks.
Bjrogg
PS check the thread regularly now at bottom of fourm.
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline leonwood

• Leonwood Bows
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2018, 01:48:54 pm »
That will make a great gift! Nice one! That ray skin is cool stuff for a handle.

Offline Redhand

• Marlen Murdock PM109458
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2018, 02:05:15 pm »
Nice bow!  Great work. 👍🏽
Northern Ute

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2018, 02:39:57 pm »
Thank you Red and Leon!

BJ, it kills me to say I'm not gonna be able to make it. Same reason as last year. It seems to fall right when things are the craziest at work. I'm a special ed. teacher and all of our big meetings are during the month of May. I'm really bummed cause I feel like I've been friends with you all for years, but we've never even met face to face! There's no one I'd rather spend my time with. I'd better stop now or I'll really bum myself out!  :(
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Offline Bob W.

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2018, 06:22:35 pm »
Nice bend on that yew and those knots look slick, great job man!

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2018, 07:49:41 pm »
Jeff I'd tell you going to Marshall and meeting all those  bowyers, Knappers and just plain great people is like watching the movie of your favorite book and you'd just be disappointed, BUT THAT WOULD BE A LIE. So sorry you can't make it. Was really looking forward to meeting you. I'm sure our paths will cross some day. Sorry to get off track here. Once again very nice Father's Day for someone.
Bjrogg

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2018, 05:10:03 pm »
Great looking bow. Nice work

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2018, 08:25:55 pm »
Thanks Bob and Aaron. Both of your opinions mean a lot.  :)

BJ, you sure know how to rub in! lol. I would be happy to drive out to Michigan sometime this summer. Maybe we could get a few PAs together.

Nigerian Proverb

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2018, 05:25:22 am »
Jeff meeting me might be like watching the movie of that favorite book. Hope your not disappointed, sure not as good as Marshall but you and your family are always welcome and maybe we could find a few more interesting characters to introduce you to. They're all welcome, got lots of room to park campers and pitch tents. Around the end of June I usually almost get some free time. Of course if I'm to busy to spend whole day your all still welcome to hang out and can always get a tractor ride.
Bjrogg

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2018, 05:45:20 am »
Beautiful bow, that should make him very happy. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good