Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

322 yards with 41" osage

<< < (3/4) > >>

JNystrom:
Just made a new record! 342 yards/313 meters. 229 grains 22" arrow that i drew 21".
Bad thing was that when i went to 22" draw the bow exploded. We got it on video though, it was funny. I was shirtless, so i got nice red mark from the string.
Sinew lifted from the nock and delaminated, making the limb explode.
I was a record holder in Finland for some 30 minutes, after which my friend shot TWO meters farther... hah.

Badger:
  Excellent!! I expect you will be besting your own records for some time to come. Now set your sights on 400

leonwood:
Great shot and even better “tattoo” ;D too bad it blew up but I guess you have some new better bows in the making already.

JNystrom:
Thanks guys! It feels like flight is all the time getting easier...!  I wish we had possibility to shoot flight all year around, but its quite not possible with ice and snow.
I noticed you get quite a lot extra distance the heavier the bow is. I think i'll make another same style bow with heavier poundage and better sinew job/wrappings.
It would be quite fun to shoot these under 50" sinewed osage shorties up to 110 pounds or such.
400y would be something...

Hawkdancer:
That is a very nice shot, and a nasty string burn!  Congratulations, at least, the person who broke tour record was a friend (SH)!
Hawkdancer

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version