Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

322 yards with 41" osage

(1/4) > >>

JNystrom:
Just shot my personal best of 295 meters/322 yards. The record arrow is still not best, but quite good.
Bow: 41" sinew backed osage 84# @20,5", with deflex handle
Arrow: 23" pine 188gr, balance point just a little forward, aluminium pile, 40x8mm turkey fletching
Funny thing was, i shot multiple 260-273m shots with stiffer,  badly flying 350 grain arrows.

That barn almost jumped on the way, but luckily arrow flew over it. :D

Badger:
   Good shot! Each time you break a barrier it gets easier and easier.

Hawkdancer:
Nice shot!  Congratulations!  Looks like you just missed some killer rocks, too.  Btw, you do have to watch out for jumping barns - they ca ruin an otherwise great shot (SH) >:D!
Hawkdancer

JNystrom:
Thank you!
I hope i will make even more success now that i have better idea what flies well.
The arrow was product of bigger patch(40 pcs)  of flight arrows. It sure was useful to test plenty of arrows.
And to be honest that 188gr ubderspined arrow wasn't at all what i was expecting to fly the farthest.
I broke about 12 arrows on those rocks, but it was worth it since i got good shots eventually. :D
Btw the bow was that 1930s style osage recurve that i just presented here a while back, now i just drew it a bit further.

leonwood:
Great shot! Glad you missed the barn;-) Pretty impressive draw weight on that shorty too. I need to train some more to handle that :BB

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version