Author Topic: How's the tiller look ?  (Read 9771 times)

Offline DanaM

Re: How's the tiller look ?
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2008, 01:13:55 pm »
John ya can make a tillering gizmo like that with a 6" piece of wood, a nut and a pencil.
Basiacally ya drill a hole in the middle, inset a nut, then screw a pencil thru so its adjustable.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline John K

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2008, 01:16:14 pm »
John are you supposed to be playing with bows at work :o I would never do that ::)
What n2 and justin said, how long is the bow if ya get a little light you can pike it a few inches
also an unbraced picture will help. Your doing good so far John just remember to take yer time eh :)
Dats good Yooper wood there :P

It helps when you'r Ma owns the place  ;D

Thanks Dana, i'll do that.
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline Jesse

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2008, 09:24:29 pm »
Nice bow Its a great feeling to see that first arrow fly.  You have made something you can actually hunt with and that is a great achievement in my book.   
        Jesse
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline DanaM

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2008, 09:28:29 pm »
Ya know we should arrange a get together me, venisionburger, Jesse, formerbutcher maybe meet down around menominee/marinette eh?

John ya need to change yer screen name to something shorter maybe you could change it to John ::) ;) :D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Jesse

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2008, 09:59:09 pm »
I agree. Me and VB tossed around the Idea of starting some kind of group for us up here last year  but never did anything about it. It would be good to get an event going up here. Im sure folks would start coming out of the woodwork and we could have something going in no time. Dana your in charge of everything :D
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2008, 10:01:00 pm »

Offline DanaM

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2008, 10:04:20 pm »
Thanks Eric I couldn't remember where I saw it ::)

Manistique, MI

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2008, 10:25:34 pm »
Hay Yankee... where did you get that elliptical circle thingie...
how did you make that... I like it. nice way to tell what you are shooting for.
N2

I use Microsoft Paint...but you can also use Photoshop to do it too....it's really easy and it sure helps to nail your Tiller....just have to make sure that when you take a Picture...the Bow is either in the Tiller tree...or you are holding it perfectly straight...so the Arcs hit the Bow true.....
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline John K

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2008, 01:13:31 pm »
I agree. Me and VB tossed around the Idea of starting some kind of group for us up here last year  but never did anything about it. It would be good to get an event going up here. Im sure folks would start coming out of the woodwork and we could have something going in no time. Dana your in charge of everything :D

Sounds great ! I would make the drive up, i have a buddy that is getting the itch to build a bow too !

I shot "Da Yooper" last night for the first time, It will definetly kill a deer, but i'm going to try for a Turkey first. I'll try and get some more pics up today of her unbraced.  ;D

JohnK

Offline John K

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2008, 06:35:07 pm »
Here's a pic of bow unbraced. Looks like it took about 2inches of set.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2008, 09:06:59 pm »
John that ain't bad at all, now you need to make a reflexing form and pick up a heat gun.
Glad the stave worked out for ya.

Manistique, MI

Offline The Burnt Hill Archer

• Potter County, Pennsylvania
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2008, 12:28:51 am »
John that ain't bad at all, now you need to make a reflexing form and pick up a heat gun.
Glad the stave worked out for ya.

Ditto!
stalk softly, and carry a bent stick.