Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

New PB

<< < (5/7) > >>

leonwood:

--- Quote from: JNystrom on April 28, 2018, 02:17:15 am ---Excellent shooting Leonwood! You make it seem too easy. :D I've noticed that you make a lot of recurves, do you shoot flight with them also?
Can i ask what was the deflection of your arrow in 22" spine test?

--- End quote ---

Thanks! And it was not easy at all, worked on flight bows and arrows all winter to get a grasp on what would work and what would not ;D Loads of improvement needed so I hope to do a little better in the next few of months.
But my best shot from a selfbow was with my black locust hollow limb static. I am working on a few shorter recurves now to see what that does. I am using Steves no set tillering method and that works really well with the hollow limb design.
I am on holiday for the next week so will measure the deflexion of this arrow when I get back. (Send me a reminder if it takes too long beacause I might forget these things after a few days ::))

Selfbowman:
Excellent vast for sure . Wish I could get that from my selfbow. Well done. Arvin

JNystrom:

--- Quote from: leonwood on April 28, 2018, 03:14:20 am ---Thanks! And it was not easy at all, worked on flight bows and arrows all winter to get a grasp on what would work and what would not ;D Loads of improvement needed so I hope to do a little better in the next few of months.
But my best shot from a selfbow was with my black locust hollow limb static. I am working on a few shorter recurves now to see what that does. I am using Steves no set tillering method and that works really well with the hollow limb design.
I am on holiday for the next week so will measure the deflexion of this arrow when I get back. (Send me a reminder if it takes too long beacause I might forget these things after a few days ::))

--- End quote ---
Great!
Well sure it takes a lot of effort and time. But at the same time there are guys who have shot flight for years, without hitting your numbers! Which is impressing.
I agree, monitoring set is really important in flight bows.

willie:

--- Quote ---But my best shot from a selfbow was with my black locust hollow limb static.
--- End quote ---
:OK

JNystrom:

--- Quote from: leonwood on April 28, 2018, 03:14:20 am ---I am on holiday for the next week so will measure the deflexion of this arrow when I get back. (Send me a reminder if it takes too long beacause I might forget these things after a few days ::))

--- End quote ---
Here is a reminder!
Arrow spine is allways interesting in flight, since it might vary so much between setups. Over the weekend i shot some 100 arrows in really various spines, from 34# to 90# (tested in 22" spinetest). Its really hard to find the right one. Some might seem to get off ok, but then there are ones that leave the bow so smoothly and quickly it makes you reconsider everything!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version