Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

New PB

<< < (4/7) > >>

PatM:
I believe they have the two inch deep handle rule which  allows you to draw an arrow as far as you dare to the belly side.

Badger:
  The skill of the flight shooter is a huge part in these classes. It is not hard to make a 50# bow that will shoot 350 or even 400 yards with a light arrow. The trick is getting it out of your bow cleanly and building an arrow that can carry that kind of distance without pooping out on you. The archer and the arrow are at least 70% of the equation.

avcase:

--- Quote from: PatM on April 03, 2018, 05:36:08 pm ---I believe they have the two inch deep handle rule which  allows you to draw an arrow as far as you dare to the belly side.

--- End quote ---

That’s a good point about the maximum handle depth.  If I were making a self Flight bow, I would use all 2 inches of the depth allowed, and I’d draw the arrow as far as possible before it starts to fall free of the belly side of the shelf.  This is where the bow was drawn to in order to verify the draw weight.  I should have a picture or two of Dan’s bow.  I don’t think he took full advantage of the handle depth.

Badger:
I usually find myself stopping at least 1/4" before it falls off more often about 3/8 I think.

PatM:
Even if you are not drawing to the max even half the handle would be an extra inch of draw which can make a fair bit of difference if the bow has it in it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version