Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

New PB

<< < (3/7) > >>

Badger:

--- Quote from: Selfbowman on April 03, 2018, 02:12:12 am ---Nice shot Del. What gets me is the fifty pound class is 340 yds . I wonder what Dans arrow weighed. Arvin

--- End quote ---

I believe Allen Case built the arrow for Dan Perry in that shot . I am pretty sure it was well under 200 grains.

avcase:

--- Quote from: Badger on April 03, 2018, 09:21:43 am ---
--- Quote from: Selfbowman on April 03, 2018, 02:12:12 am ---Nice shot Del. What gets me is the fifty pound class is 340 yds . I wonder what Dans arrow weighed. Arvin

--- End quote ---

I believe Allen Case built the arrow for Dan Perry in that shot . I am pretty sure it was well under 200 grains.

--- End quote ---

Dan Perry’s Record Self bow arrow 154 grains and just under 24” long. It has a mild barrel shape to it with a smoothly rounded over brass point. I used pheasant feathers for the fletches. Construction is split cane (hollow center) joined with hide glue, and maximum diameter around .24”.  The nocks are multipiece Turkish flight arrow style with a thin silk wrap for reinforcement. Dan’s bow had large stiff levers with a linen string.

Alan

DC:
Do they use an overdraw devise with these short arrows?

avcase:

--- Quote from: DC on April 03, 2018, 12:25:05 pm ---Do they use an overdraw devise with these short arrows?

--- End quote ---

No overdraws are allowed for the self bow and primitive simple-composite. Dan Perry’s Record 50# selfbow Record was without overdraw despite the short arrow length. The Primitive complex-composite division allows an overdraw and the Primitive Turkish division allows a sipur-style overdraw.

DC:
That's even more impressive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version