Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

1930's inspired flightbow 41" recurve 72# @18"

<< < (2/3) > >>

JNystrom:
Yep, I just recently bought one. I figured out the flight bug bit me.  ;D I will chrono all these bows and some more recurves when I get to set it properly. I'll build IR lights for it so I can get some proper readings. Last time I didn't have much success. I'll post the results here since you asked about it!  :)

willie:
Nice Bow, and looking foreward to seeing the speeds.

--- Quote --- But it shows me struggling drawing it!  :laugh:
--- End quote ---
I couldn't even get that bow to half of what you do. Have you looked into some of the push/pull shooting styles used by Native American archers?

Badger:
  My new chrono came with an infra red light kit, works extremely well.

joachimM:
Nice bows dude!

to me, one of the biggest challenges in smoothly drawing short heavy bows is finger pinching. Obviously at 72# a two-finger draw is very hard (my limit for two finger draw is around 50#), but a three finger draw on such shorties isn't comfortable either.
It's a pity thumb rings or leather thong releases aren't allowed for traditional simple composite shooting.

JNystrom:
Thanks Willie and JoachimM!

Nice to hear Badger, can't wait to test mine.

The string sure pinches your fingers. This might be the reason why past couple weeks I've noticed my index finger has hardened a lot. Like a permanent superglue layer on tip of the finger. Pinch hurts but its also hard to draw these heavy little bows with reflex. Best I'm capable atm is somewhere 75-77# at 20". I haven't looked into native american push/pull style, but now I will.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version