Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

Working on a giant bow to beat Allen Case!

<< < (4/14) > >>

Hawkdancer:
You will need a small tree for the arrow, and really big feathers for the fletching!  And a large crew to operate the drawing mechanism.  I'd like to see that work - from a ways off!  Ol' daVinci had some good ideas, a lot of them worked!  I sometimes wonder if he had alien influence, or some funny smoking stuff, or both!
Hawkdancer

sleek:
Make a take down Steve! Use white oak, the shipyards use stave quality wood, to steam bend ribs and planks. What you need is out there. Call a few up, im certain they can offer help on sourcing it for you.

Gannon and Benjamin come to mind. A well known outfit up in Massachusetts.

willie:

--- Quote ---daVinci had some good ideas, a lot of them worked!  I sometimes wonder if he had alien influence, or some funny smoking stuff, or both!
--- End quote ---
Steve, your teasing us. We are having to guess too much. Is there a trip to burning man in your future?

--- Quote ---2 feet wide and 32 feet long
--- End quote ---
a giant doug fir stave :o

--- Quote ---I am open to a stack leaf design if I can get it to work right.
--- End quote ---
like a car leaf spring? some side by side stacking wold allow you get away from the 2 foot wide requirement

Selfbowman:
I think it would need to be wider than 2'  for a 80' length. Not enough back for 24' draw. Arvin

Badger:
 Arvin, building on a 12X scale. wider would be better but even getting a 2 ft piece is kind of tough.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version