Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

shooting fixture

<< < (5/7) > >>

Badger:
Alan would it resemble a door latch on a truck?

willie:

--- Quote from: avcase on November 25, 2019, 12:11:53 pm ---Another option is to use a rotary latch. These are inexpensive, extremely durable, and usually very easy to adapt to be triggered by an adjustable finger.  I have used one for years on bows up to 300 pound draw weight.

Alan

--- End quote ---

the rotary latch idea seems like something to look into if possible, was hoping alan might come back with some more details or a pic for badger......

Badger:
  Allen works for Freightliner as an engineer, I used to be a freighrliner mechanic so I know the latches very well.

avcase:
This shows they type of rotary latch I would use for a shooting machine. I mount it to a plate that slides on a piece of aluminum T-track. I hook the string on the little notch that I cut into the latch claw, and draw it back until the trigger lever contacts a finger on the shooting machine. I attach the trigger finger to the same piece of t-track so I can slide it to the desired draw length. As soon as the latch lever makes contact, it lets go. It is very repeatable and even a light duty latch like this will last for many thousands of shot cycles.

Alan

willie:
thanks for the print, Alan

sliding in a track will work better than what I have going now

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version