Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

shooting fixture

<< < (4/7) > >>

Selfbowman:
Wille I have about 20 sets of real clean drops from roughing out my long bows. So if you need to build some three piece take downs let me know. That’s my plan for them . Probably 26-29” long. Arvin

willie:
Arvin

not sure what you are calling drops. Limbs without handles? limb length staves?

It was my plan at one time to build  risers for limbs that were pretested in the fixture. Of course, the handle needs not to be anything other than functional. and the mounting of the limbs could be permanent, semi-permanent or even be interchangeable if one desired.  A  good performing set of limbs might deserve a dedicated riser, and could be permanently glued and/or pegged and/or lashed. primitive qualification seems possible.......

I actually have no plans at present,  but please PM if you have ideas  :)

Badger:
 Willie you can buy a mechanical release designed for the thumb which is a push instead of pull, a little easier to adapt to shooting machine

willie:
I got an old trigger style one modded just like that, reversed the trigger. and just need to get away to the shop more often to work on this project. at the shop which is 70 miles from home, I can open the garage door and shoot 500 yards from inside the shop

avcase:
Another option is to use a rotary latch. These are inexpensive, extremely durable, and usually very easy to adapt to be triggered by an adjustable finger.  I have used one for years on bows up to 300 pound draw weight.

Alan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version