Author Topic: Bow makers and acuracy  (Read 7188 times)

Offline kayakfisher

Bow makers and acuracy
« on: March 25, 2008, 08:06:49 pm »
Hey just wandering how you all maintain your accuracy when building multiple bows I have built four now and when I start getting pretty good with one! I have another to start figuring out
                                             Dennis

The river of life twist and bends, you never know whats around the next bend till your there

Springfield Mo home of  Kids,Tomato's and Tornado's

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
Re: Bow makers and acuracy
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 08:19:10 pm »
You get used to a new bow pretty quick if you shoot by instinct...at least I do.  It's kinda like throwing rocks at a target.  After a half-dozen shots with the same bow (or the same size rock)....the brain makes the adjustments automatically.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 08:23:25 pm by jackcrafty »
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline Ryan_Gill_HuntPrimitive

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 08:34:28 pm »
i have no problem with it either. in fact the memory seems to keep all my bows in the "archive" so when i pick up one of the old ones i can still shoot it fine.  i can shoot about 3-4 bows in one sitting on average, sometimes i do this befor edeer season and whichever one hits the best and i enjoy the most is usually the one i hunt with- Ryan
Formerly "twistedlimbs"
Gill's Primitive Archery and HuntPrimitive

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 08:46:54 pm »
I can miss as good with one as I can with the other.  :'( Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Kegan

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 09:15:15 pm »
I make them all shoot the same way with the same arrows. All shoot better than I do ;D!

Offline DanaM

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 09:18:24 pm »
I can miss as good with one as I can with the other.  :'( Justin

What Justin said :'(
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 11:59:30 pm »
I just keep my accuracy at the "sucks" level, and then it doesn't matter which bow I'm shooting. Like Justin said, I can spray arrows all over the place equally with any bow.  :)
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 02:24:23 am »
what Keegan said.......it's a lot cheaper to have them all shoot the same Arrows!!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2008, 02:47:43 am »
Like was said above, with instinctive shooting your brain makes the adjustments. I shoot lots of bows all year long. A month before hunting season I pick the bow I will hunt with and shoot it almost exclusively. I always have a back up bow for the "just in case" that shoots closely to my primary hunting bow and shoot it enough to be familiar, just in case! ;D     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2008, 06:41:48 am »
I shoot a lot of different bow and suck pretty much the same with all of them, ;D
Kidding aside most of the bows I build for my self shoot about the same,a little different
in weight but that is about it,most will even shoot the same arrows,If they don't
I work with them until they do.I shot 5 different bows last deer season and took a deer
with 4 so that is really all that matters to me.My problem isn't the bows shoot so different it is I spend so much time working on bows I don't take the time to shoot as much as I should. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2008, 09:16:23 am »

When you go out shooting, got to have your excuses in order. ;) My last bow I left the nocking point off the string for a while and actually shot decent with it. Since I've put on a nocking point, my shooting has gotten worse again. It's a mind game that I usually lose. ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...