Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

Bare shafting flight arrows

<< < (2/7) > >>

DC:
350 is a long way down the road for me. I've only tried once and the best I got was just under 200 depending on the measuring method. That was with about 10 GPP and a 38# bow.

willie:

Badger, speaking about the ones you cant see, maybe you are willing to speculate a bit. I assume a poorly spined or poorly released arrow looses speed rather quickly if it doesn't straighten up right away. How far out in front of the bow would one need to have the chrono, if one was to try to "see" a poor shot?

Del the cat:

--- Quote from: DC on February 12, 2018, 01:56:37 pm ---350 is a long way down the road for me. I've only tried once and the best I got was just under 200 depending on the measuring method. That was with about 10 GPP and a 38# bow.

--- End quote ---
Waaay too heavy IMO.
That arrow in the slo-mo was only 483gn and that's from a 130# warbow :o
Del

Badger:

--- Quote from: Del the cat on February 12, 2018, 02:27:12 pm ---
--- Quote from: DC on February 12, 2018, 01:56:37 pm ---350 is a long way down the road for me. I've only tried once and the best I got was just under 200 depending on the measuring method. That was with about 10 GPP and a 38# bow.

--- End quote ---
Waaay too heavy IMO.
Del

--- End quote ---

I never put a flight arrow more than about 4 ft from a chrono because they can be so erratic, I do sacrifice some that I don't care for by shooting at cardboard from about 7 or 8  yards. Some of them hit beautifully and some hit and break sideways and some that hit perfect the first time will hit sideways the second time. Release is very important.

DC:

--- Quote from: Del the cat on February 12, 2018, 02:27:12 pm ---

--- End quote ---
Waaay too heavy IMO.
Del

--- End quote ---
That's what I'm struggling with now. I can't seem to get much below 300 no matter what. Best so far is Hemlock. Bamboo is all over the map. If you get lucky you can find a light stiff piece but mostly it's too heavy. Ocean Spray seems to heavy, even if I use first year stuff(thin wall). I thought I could rifle drill a piece of OS because of the pith so I welded a drill bit on a 36" 1/8" rod but it came though the side halfway down. Keeps me busy while I'm waiting for a stave to shed those last few grams. :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version