Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

Bare shafting flight arrows

<< < (6/7) > >>

avcase:
Steve,
It seems like you have an exceptional board there!  If you get a chance, can you create a straight dowel from it and do a spine/deflection test on it?  If it is truly exceptional in stiffness, then it has the potential to add much more distance to your shots as arrows rather than a bow.

Alan

willie:
steve, I could send you the stiffness calculator I made in the other thread. you could test a ripping or the whole board without cutting if you preferred.

Badger:
  Willie, yes send me the stiffness calculator. Does it come with instructions??

I already cut the board up in 5/16 squares, pretty good by feel but not exceptional. I haven't actually measured it but I am guessing 5/16 is about 50# spine. Going to rough a few out tomorrow and check weight and spine.

willie:
will send soon I hope, I need to add a few instructions first.

If anyone else would like a copy, please PM your email address. it is an excel sheet that you can use alongside a simple bend test on any round, square or rectangular "beam".

it has inputs for whatever weight you choose to create deflections, whatever span you choose, and reads out in MOE.

if you can weigh the mass of the ripping, it can also output the specific gravity and the stiffness relative to that s.g.

avcase:
Steve,
Is it fully dry?  I’d expect much higher spine.

Alan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version