Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

Distance apps

<< < (2/3) > >>

Badger:
  Allen, Harry Drake would have been your best friend!

avcase:

--- Quote from: Badger on February 09, 2018, 03:20:00 pm ---  Allen, Harry Drake would have been your best friend!

--- End quote ---

Hahaha!  That’s funny. I do wish I could have met Harry.

Here’s another screen grab from the gps app that I have been using. In this case, each of those blue dots on the map correspond to a serial number on the arrow that landed at that location. 1603, 1606, etc. So later at my convenience, I can find the specific arrow in my arrow stash that may have consistently performed well and look for unique properties or design features that work well, or don’t work well.

Badger:
   One of the biggest regrets and stupidest mistakes I have repeatedly made was not tracking the performance of individual arrows because I get tired chasing them down and tell myself I will remember which is which.

Hawkdancer:
Wow!  I was sure somebody had a better mousetrap! >:D. Thanks AV
Hawkdancer

DC:
Thanks Badger and Alan. I've been reading a bunch about these things and they use a combo of GPS, cell signal and tower location to tell distance. You guys in the States have excellent cell coverage. At my house I usually have no signal or maybe one dot on my iPhone and it may be worse where I'm shooting. I'll try the Track Kit but in the mean time I've cobbled up a measuring wheel.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version