Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

Light arrows

<< < (10/12) > >>

willie:

--- Quote ---Sure!  I’m Certainly willing to give it a try to see if this approach helps out with getting the most out of your bows.
--- End quote ---

Thanks, Alan. Will post my set up and ask more later.

avcase:

--- Quote from: Badger on March 01, 2018, 11:12:07 am ---  Allen, could you estimate an arrow distance for me.   Ipe, 240 grains, launch speed 216 fps, max dia .220", length 25", spine about 38#.

--- End quote ---

What span is the spine measured across?  Is the spine measured on the dowel that the flight arrow was made from, or on the actual finished flight arrow?  All I need is the weight used, distance between supports, and amount of deflection.

Something doesn’t seem right. In order to get a 38# spine from a .220” diameter barreled Flight arrow, it would need to be made of something far stiffer than the stiffest ipe I have ever measured.

Thanks!

Badger:
   I mixed up my measure, the arrow is only 24" long, so I was likely measuring on about 22" center. I need to get my arrow stuff out of my shed. I am guessing too much here. Using 2# of water in a cup and ballancing while I slide stuff underneath to measure the gaps. LOL.

avcase:

--- Quote from: Badger on March 01, 2018, 01:12:20 pm ---   I mixed up my measure, the arrow is only 24" long, so I was likely measuring on about 22" center. I need to get my arrow stuff out of my shed. I am guessing too much here. Using 2# of water in a cup and ballancing while I slide stuff underneath to measure the gaps. LOL.

--- End quote ---

You don’t need to use a 2# weight. Any weight will do as long as you accurately know what it is. One of Thebes weight led that I use for spine testing is 1.612#.   A deflection of .500” @ 1.612# is equivalent to 0.500” * (2#/1.612#) = 0.620” for a 2# weight.

Alan

Badger:
    I will get my set up going again tomorrow so I can take some close measurements.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version