Author Topic: How does it look now.  (Read 3179 times)

Offline JWMALONE

How does it look now.
« on: January 22, 2018, 08:00:29 pm »
The pics look wrong but yard stick and gizmo say otherwise. This is 24 inches. I left the bottom limb stiif intentionaly.

Red Oak its the gateway wood!

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: How does it look now.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 08:03:05 pm »
That's looking good to me.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Jim Davis

• Reparrows
    • Reparrows
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 09:35:04 pm »
Bottom limb doesn't look stiff...Is the bottom limb shorter?
Jim Davis

Kentucky--formerly Maine

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 09:36:58 pm »
Looks pretty good, John.   :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JWMALONE

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 09:40:48 pm »
No Mr. Davis I think its the camera angle. every thing is symmetrical. Bottom limbs not much stiffer just a tad, done it by accident on the last bow and it shot great figured I try it on this one.

Offline Badger

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 09:59:12 pm »
  Looks good to me. How is your weight holding up?

Offline JWMALONE

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2018, 10:02:20 pm »
Should come in close to #60.

Offline Yard Dog

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 03:01:48 am »
Looks good !!

Offline Parnell

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2018, 06:08:30 am »
I like it!
1’—>1’

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2018, 07:10:31 am »
 Looks like money JW...I think you have a hidden talent buddy...Seriously even bend...Are sure you haven't been doing this for 20 years and you are sand bagging us...Super so far leaving the last 6" stiff and fades are beginning to move...I like the fact that you are showing "in hand tiller" and balance in your pictures.... :OK
                                    Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline JWMALONE

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2018, 07:42:33 am »
Don, I flipped that pic every which way but loose. I see it but if I turn the bow over it looks the same. So I'm thinking its canted in the pics or my in hand tiller is different than the tree which I would assume it is. I'm trying to use the tree for basic tiller but want the final judgment to be done in hand because the tree aint shooting it I am.  Ill take us some more pics, got to remove a lil weight any how. Cant do any shooting today its raining and I don't want to work that raw hickory in this weather. Its in the house so its safe for now.
Thanks Don.

Offline DC

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2018, 11:46:40 am »
Be careful judging top against bottom by a picture. I've seen so many bows on here that look like the bottom limb is bent more. These are bow by people that just don't make bows like that. The picture does something weird. At least for me. I've taken two pictures of my bows, swapping top for bottom and both pics look like the bottom limb is bending more. It could be the way I'm holding the bow or something. I bought a 1'x4' mirror so I could look at it that way and then noticed that the mirror was bending when I leaned it against the wall. This warped the picture so I have to glue the mirror to a piece of plywood. It's on my list.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2018, 11:50:36 am »
That is what I call perfect. I don't worry what limb appears stronger or weaker. If it balances nicely in your hand and doesn't act up upon release, you win.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline JWMALONE

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2018, 11:55:10 am »
DC, ive noticed the same thing exactly. I stopped relying on pics. I post because you guys can spot things I'm not certain of yet as far as proper tiller for the style of bow, more bend towards fades, tips need to be stiffer that sort of thing. My ultimate goal is to be like Jim Davis  old school, if it aint broke don't fix it.

Offline JWMALONE

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2018, 11:56:50 am »
Pearl drums, I sneak in a couple shots at 3/4 draw since the weather broke. It feels like its going to be a good one.