Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

An unfortunate argument

<< < (3/4) > >>

Badger:
 This view appears as an overdraw, if you see the side profile you can clearly see that the protective leather angles sharply downward from the knuckle, giving no more overdraw than a glove with similar leather. Join the facebook group flight shooting and you will see more angles. There was no overdraw and the peace of equipment should be approved for all bows without arrow rests. Nothing like a sipor. 

avcase:
Thanks Steve,
You summarized it well. No wrong-doing or cheating was found. Cameras are everywhere at this event, so there was plenty of video and pictures to sift through. Officials at the shoot were also able to witness firsthand that this accessory was being used as a safety item and did not function as an overdraw device.  The fact that it appears like a sipur from the viewpoint of the video camera and subsequent confusion is unfortunate.

For everyone’s future reference, I do recommend use of protective equipment at our shoot. I see it no different than use of a helmet and fire suit at a car race.  At a Flight shoot, equipment is being pushed to the limits and there’s is no glory in having to remove arrow shards from one’s hand.

Thanks.

Alan

Marc St Louis:
Hey Steve
Could you post a better pic?  I hardly ever use facebook and I'm not savvy enough to find any info on this over there

Badger:
   I will try Mark, I am not too savvy at that.

Badger:
it is

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version