Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

An unfortunate argument

(1/4) > >>

Del the cat:
I'm sorry to be posting this but I feel it is important.
The video of the record breaking ELB shot clearly shows something other than a simple glove on the archers hand and there is a somewhat acrimonious discussion raging on Facebook.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVkTlu0C-Ks&feature=youtu.be
Even if he doesn't actually overdraw*, the device would allow him the confidence to be more aggressive with the draw/loose.
The real question is does it meet with the regulations which I believe say a glove is allowed but anything that could allow an overdraw is not.
Del
* Note the frame rate on the video isn't high enough to be conclusive IMO.
ADMINS If this discussion is felt to be inappropriate, please delete it ASAP

Badger:
  Del, due to so many accidents at the flight ranges safety is a major issue. I do favor using hand protection but also favor designs that will limit the draw. I have watched the video and an sure he did not overdraw, I have also watched him shoot in person many times. Maybe modifying this design a bit to prevent the possibility of overdraws would be good.

Del the cat:
Cheers Steve, I was hoping you'd offer an opinion. :)
Del

sleek:
Why isnt a draw stop string used to prevent overdraw without any question?

avcase:

--- Quote from: sleek on November 29, 2017, 10:15:30 am ---Why isnt a draw stop string used to prevent overdraw without any question?

--- End quote ---

What would this look like? A string tied between the bow and nock point on the bowstring?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version