Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

Juniper

<< < (2/3) > >>

DC:
Cool stuff Chuck. I noticed the black tips on the arrows. I found my chrono results were much cleaner with the black tips.

willie:
nice work , and good performance.
Interesting comparison between arrows. I am supposing that a few grains or a few pounds wouldn't make much difference at the chrono. I wonder what other factors could account for the differing speeds? You seem to have good consistency in your test speed numbers.

loefflerchuck:
Thanks everyone. I do have a spot close to me with plenty of room to test distance. Badger, I will have to try some shots with a broadhead. Yes the light arrows i tested with the bow not pictured were around 300. I don't remember but do have it written down somewhere. Ed, it is kind of fun testing bows. I always end up spending more time than I planed. Good to know DC. The day I tested was grey and overcast. The speeds were very consistent. On  sunny days I have gotten some pretty random speeds. Willie, I guess an accurate flight test is needed.

bradsmith2010:
thank you for posting, the Ishi style is one of my favorites and have studied it quite a bit,, I always felt the Native design was capable of very good performance ,, your bows highlight that for me,,,,, those guys had a few things figured out, no wonder was a favorite for Ishi,, nice bows congrats,,, B

loefflerchuck:
Thanks Brad. I think some people today make the mistake of backing the bow when it is still very heavy and that does not let the sinew do it's job. Old accounts from California tell of how weak the wood core was before backing. It is obvious when you see old bows from California and the great basin that the core was weak letting the sinew draw the bow up into reflex and accounting for 20+ pounds of the draw weight.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version