Author Topic: New White Novaculite and Antler Knife.....NEW PICTURE...FINALLY DONE!!  (Read 9957 times)

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
Re: New White Novaculite and Antler Knife
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2008, 01:49:38 pm »
Prime looking skinner there.Good work !   Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2008, 11:23:37 pm »
Well........I got the Gut Hafting Material in the Mail this Morning....so I am going to get it soaking right now.....and get the Hide Glue on the Burner.....so maybe after I take a Shower to get this Texas Dust Storm out of my Hair and Eyes....I can get this Baby finished....We were 76 today ....with 60 mile an hour Gusts....no Rain....so the Red Dirt was Blowing really Bad....almost zero visibility in some places!!! Be back in a bit with some Finished Pictures to Post.....Later
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2008, 12:25:42 am »
OK.....I finally got it finished the right way....This Gut is really easy to work with and it Glues down great too.....I think it turned out fine for my First time to Haft a Knife.....and it sure looks better that that Fake Stuff!!! One of the Pictures I took one without the Flash....so you could see Cowboys Flintwork Up Front and Personal

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 03:10:14 pm by yankeemongiat »
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: New White Novaculite and Antler Knife.....NEW PICTURE...FINALLY DONE!!
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2008, 09:52:45 am »
Beautiful job ,both times,blade and the finish work. :)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2008, 01:04:16 pm »
very nice bro... I like the gut much better.... Cowboy sure is a master knapper.. Hawk a/ho
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2008, 02:52:46 pm »
That looks damn good yankee!!! I got the box"O"rocks ;D the other day - should be some fine lookin points in there. Thanks :)..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2008, 03:09:07 pm »
That looks damn good yankee!!! I got the box"O"rocks ;D the other day - should be some fine lookin points in there. Thanks :)..

Cowboy....you just send me some pictures of them Points too!! And I would like you to take pictures of the Pieces that you feel are premium...so I will know what I am looking for in the Future...OK?

Pappy....Thanks for the kind words....I am proud of it...in fact it's on my Dresser in the Bedroom...Wife hasn't said nothing ...yet!!! Wish I could be coming over to play Indian with all of You...or should I say "You's Guys...eh"!! Say hello to Dana and them when they Show up!

Hawk....I really like the Gut...It seems as strong as Sinew....but Boy is it east to work with....and the end results are really nice looking after you seal it with Hide Glue...
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline DanaM

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2008, 03:50:53 pm »
Holy wuh eh! dats purty ;) ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI