Author Topic: New photo hosting site?  (Read 5838 times)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Re: New photo hosting site?
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2017, 08:34:41 pm »
Yea Pat there's close to 500 pictures to transfer in photo bucket.Might take a while...lol.That picture of stacked wood is one of my anal ways of drying it.It works good and will stand on it's own.A bit over kill but it works.That's 6 cords there altogether.I burn only 3 cords a year and am always 1 year ahead.I try to stay away from as much kreasote build up burning good dry wood as I can.You should'nt need to  burn too much down south there yourself.
Yea Marc I think I got her figured out.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2017, 10:18:25 pm »
At 2600' we can get cold. I burn between 4 and 6 cords depending on the winter. It is out primary heat. I always try to have plenty of seasoned wood but it's getting harder each year.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2017, 09:45:18 am »
I see.Sounds like a very nice place to live in the mountains.It'd be hard for me to leave there.The size of the house to heat etc. means a bunch too of course.The last 2 winters here have been rather mild compared to the average.I'm usually always burning dead snags or dead falls of hickory here.They keep replanting themselves,but yes the dead snags are getting fewer and farther between here too.
Actually here in Amish country burning wood is done quite a lot.The size of the large family houses they heat is quite large.Back where I used to live in NW Iowa where it's colder and windier the norm was to burn 7 to 8 cords a year,but did'nt burn quite the quality of hardwood as I do now and this house is better insulated also.
Anyway the imgur photo service seems to work slick enough.Still ercks the piss out of me what that photobucket did.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed