Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

At the flats having a blast.

<< < (3/3)

Badger:
  Allen rumor has it you broke the 1 mile barrier this year, I would love to hear the story behind that.

avcase:
Steve,
I came pretty close this year. The new bows performed flawlessly and there was little or no wind this year.  Unfortunately, I barely able to shoot one round for the entire competition. We were just too busy running the event, and no one was even able to find any of the arrows until late on Saturday. The surface of the ground was nice and dry this year, but it was like wet cement just below the surface, so the arrows were sinking quite deep compared to last year.  Of the arrows found (which were my longer practice arrows), not much more than the nocks remained above ground.  It was my personal best in official competition, but I felt there was still untapped potential.  I had two more inches of draw available on the bow, and shorter and better performing arrows ready to shoot over the next three rounds, but I am certain that they would have all been lost in the mud had I shot them.

I may plan a trip to the Alvord Dry lake bed in south eastern Oregon in a few weeks just to see what it can do.  The lakebed surface easily stops these arrows and they are much easier to find.  Results won't be official, but at least I will know what is possible with the current setup.

Alan

Aaron H:
That's awesome, congrats on your personal best Alan.

BowEd:

--- Quote from: Aaron H on September 15, 2017, 09:27:47 am ---That's awesome, congrats on your personal best Alan.

--- End quote ---
Same here.

willie:
Arvin, it looks like you have been bit by a new bug. Good arrow making seems to be more of a challenge that many presume...

Hope to hear more about your trip to Alvord, Alan.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version